Why are MANY of the folders in the various MIDI Drum Packs empty and missing the MIDI loops?

Studio Corner
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Scott

The empty folders in the MIDI packs are placeholders for folder headings in the browser. They are supposed to be empty.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

csnack
    Participant

Ok then. So to help me understand then, what exactly is the purpose of, for example, the empty 400@_STRAIGHT folder in The Blues MIDI pack – what purpose is that empty folder serving exactly? Anyway, glad to know nothing is missing and thanks.

csnack
    Participant

I mean you said what they are for and I guess I just don’t know about that kind of thing. Say, what happens if I delete any of those empty folders?

Scott

If you delete empty folders you would no longer have the headings in the MIDI browser. Do you see the ‘Straight’, ‘Swing’, and ‘Shuffle’ folders in the Browser tab in S2? And those subfolders for each of the ‘songs’ and the sub sub folders in each of those folders? The empty folders are the reason you have those headings in the browser. I wouldn’t recommend deleting them.

Unless you don’t want the variations separated like that and just want to guess which is groove is straight or swing or which which is a verse type groove which is a chorus type groove or a fill ;-)

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Les Barker
    Participant

they are just headers in your browser, they aren’t supposed to have files in them. it helps as it seperates all your different tempos and styles with headers giving information on the rythym type for example. Leave them there….

csnack
    Participant

Ah ok. Thanks guys, I understand now and I’ll not be deleting anything.

csnack
    Participant

The thing I was doing “wrong” was auditioning the loops in Sonar X3’s browser rather than SD’s browser. That’s why I was seeing all these empty folders that weren’t very neatly organized and many of which were empty and I had to click to open many before I could find some folders with loops in them – that’s why I was wanting to delete some of them lol. Sonar X3’s browser is essentially Windows’ browser and it was showing me the folders in the same way Windows Explorer would and looking at them that way they’re not very organized at all. In SD’s browser they’re very neat and easy to access. I see what you’re talking about now.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.