Where is change speed function (1/2 or 2x) in EZ Drummer2

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Erik Phersson

@Cezar said:

Hello, EZ Drummer had a handy speed change (1/2, 1, or 2x) which was extremely helpful. Where can I find this function in EZ Drummer2? Cry

You can find it in the Song Track Menu in the top right part of the Song Track

Erik Phersson - Toontrack
    Head Of Development

tooner10
    Participant

@Erik said:

@Cezar said:

Hello, EZ Drummer had a handy speed change (1/2, 1, or 2x) which was extremely helpful. Where can I find this function in EZ Drummer2? Cry

You can find it in the Song Track Menu in the top right part of the Song Track

imho, that functionality is a whole lot less useful if not painful to use if it’s buried under two levels of menus. three small buttons on the interface are much more intuitive and useful especially when previewing tons of clips in the browser. just saying.

Thanked by: Tuneage Daydream
    interviewatruins
    Participant

@tooner10 said:
    imho, that functionality is a whole lot less useful if not painful to use if it’s buried under two levels of menus. three small buttons on the interface are much more intuitive and useful especially when previewing tons of clips in the browser. just saying.

Agreed. It should be easy to find, which it wasn’t and even once you find it who is going to really use double or half that often? Would be so much better if you could set an actual value.

John

@interviewatruins said:
    Agreed. It should be easy to find, which it wasn’t and even once you find it who is going to really use double or half that often? Would be so much better if you could set an actual value.

Are you referring to the BPM? It can be set in the standalone. If you use the plugin, it is set in your DAW.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Forrester Savell
    Participant

I agree, the buttons in EZ Drummer 1 made it really easy to preview a groove slower or faster. Currently, i haven’t worked out a way to preview a Midi groove x2 or x0.5 while the session is playing. I could do this on EZ drummer 1.

My options currently are to manually change the session tempo, or drag the particular Variation file onto the Song Creator and then choose Half or Double speed from the menu. Either way is extremely tedious when i just want to flick through Variations to see which one i’m vibing on, while the song is playing.

Am I missing something, is there any easy way to do this?

Forrester

Jody Ellis
    Participant

I agree completely there is no way to quickly listen and demo grooves at half or double time while your DAW is playing.
    This was very simple in EZ drummer 1.
    Please update this with the half time, normal and double time buttons.
    Most other drum programs have these and you did in the past
    It is a huge disadvantage and makes EZ drummer 2 less useful than EZ drummer 1

Jody Ellis
    Participant

I need a Global half and double time solution not an individual loop one.
    I do not want to use the song track window.
    I want to hit play and click through many loops to audition them without stopping while it is synced to the song.
    I do not want to choose a loop then pull lit down to the song track window at the right bar location then go to the menu and choose half time for that one loop.-My client would run out of the room screaming after a few times!
    In EZ 1 I could preview 30 loops with the song without even stopping the DAW.
    WithEZ 2 this is now impossible-you have to do them one at a time- which is slow and tedious.
    And if i change the tempo of my song the whole song will play at the wrong tempo. I need to hear the loops playing with my song in the correct tempo.
    Are you going to change this in the future?
    If not how do I downgrade to EZ 1?
    I apologize for whining but this is very important to me.

Peter Watkinson
    Participant

I completely agree. This was a great, easy feature in EZD1, and it’s very frustrating to have lost it!Yell

jerry234
    Participant

@upislouder said:

I want to hit play and click through many loops to audition them without stopping while it is synced to the song.
    I do not want to choose a loop then pull lit down to the song track window at the right bar location then go to the menu and choose half time for that one loop.-My client would run out of the room screaming after a few times!
    WithEZ 2 this is now impossible-you have to do them one at a time- which is slow and tedious.
    And if i change the tempo of my song the whole song will play at the wrong tempo. I need to hear the loops playing with my song in the correct tempo.

I have to add my strong vote to this also. Upislouder’s description is exactly how I work. It’s a very quick and efficient approach and I, too, am frustrated by having lost a feature that I used a lot. Please re-instate it and release the fix soon so we can be more efficient. Thanks!

Jonathan Sadler
    Participant

@upislouder said:

Agreed. While I like EZDrummer2 for the most part, I feel that the revamp definitely removed or “hid” some features that made EZDrummer so EZ and efficient to use.

NEIL EBANKS
    Participant

I will chime in and add my vote. Why would such a useful tool be removed in an upgraded version? I think maybe someone just forgot to add that in?? Crazy that it would be missing from EZ2. Please provide an update that has this function.

Bryan Block
    Participant

I will add my voice here in saying that it would be nice to be able to preview the groove in original tempo, DAW Host Project Tempo, and 1/2 and 2x tempo quickly, on the fly without having to add it to the song or use a nested menu. As others have stated, “A Global half and double time solution” – I used that feature a lot in EZD1, and I have found myself missing the convenience of it.

PS- EZD2 is by far, one of the best updates to any software I have ever seen, so please take this as a humble suggestion, and not a complaint. (like those tambourine rolls) ;-)

-b

Creativity is a Work Ethic.

aryehkunstler
    Participant

Agreed. Need this function back

SMP1977
    Participant

@aryehkunstler said:

Agreed. Need this function back

Yes. 100%.

Second Vote for this. Cool

jerry234
    Participant

Add my vote! I definitely want this function back and miss it from EZD1. PLEASE!!!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.