where are the 3/4 Beat variations for metal?

The Pub
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • ChrisNodeisha
    Participant

Hey all!

I’m bumping this since I have a similar question.

I purchased SD3 + the Metal Machinery SDX but don’t have many slow 3/4 grooves for metal.

What other packs do you recommend for this? I guess I could manually punch something in, but having a library of grooves to choose from is hassle-free and the reason why I got SD in the first place…

Henrik
    Participant

What other packs do you recommend for this? I guess I could manually punch something in, but having a library of grooves to choose from is hassle-free and the reason why I got SD in the first place…

In the Grooves tab, enable Show Webshop MIDI, and you can preview all MIDI that Toontrack has released!

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

ChrisNodeisha
    Participant

Thank you! I don’t think I was aware of this button!
    I’m still unable to find simple yet strong/heavy grooves. I guess I’d have to make one from scratch…

Does anything of this sort exist in the libraries? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB1iKWUNcnc

Bear-Faced Cow
    Participant

Did you try entering something into Tap-to-find to see what it comes up with?

jord

Jordan L. Chilcott

Web Site: https://jordanchilcottmusic.com/

cbarensfeld
    Participant

Bought EZD bundle today to save time drum programming. Only found one 3/4 metal groove 🙁

alligatorlizard
    Participant

“That chugging double bass that has the rhythm of a steam train?”

I’d say you’re talking about 12/8 here – although you could also describe it as 4/4 with a triplet feel. Try searching for midi either of those in Toontrack’s midi grooves (you can browse and audition them all for free via SD3 (or EX drummer presumably) if you’re online.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.