when are we going to have an option to save presets in this (window)

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • John

Hi,

if you are using E-drums, you’d be better off adjusting the HH Pedal CC control curve on the MIDI IN/E-drums page and save those tweaks as your own Preset there.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

mariannekhos3
    Participant

mm.. more clicks.. i think we need save preset for all windows  in the main window.. too.. it is easier..  specially if you change the library

mariannekhos3
    Participant

so what is the point of having that Option in the main window then?

John

Hi,

changes you make in the Property Boxes in the DRUMS window are implemented on the instrument “directly”, so to speak, while the changes you do to mapping, velocity and ‘zones’ in the E-drums Settings are made to incoming MIDI.

This means that you can Enable an E-drums MIDI Preset and use a kit that still will work as intended with Toontrack MIDI (or if another user sends you recorded MIDI). If you change mapping, velocity and zones in the Property Boxes, you will not have the expected results with Toontrack MIDI.

If you never use anything but your own MIDI, then there’s no problem with changing these things in the DRUMS window.
    You should be able to Save a Preset in the DRUMS window and Select Parts if you load e.g. a HH from that preset and keep the properties.
    Replacing the HH would change the HH CC Edit Property Box to Default values, though so if this is your preferred way of working it would indeed make sense to have the option to save and load your own presets in this Property Box.

I suggest you post a request for this in the ‘Requests & Feedback’ section.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

mariannekhos3
    Participant

it is very confusing… does not fit my logic.. I wish there was a option to more anything anywhere and all midi in ANY SD3

windo have the Same Response.. it is not logic.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.