What recording application do you use with Metal Foundry?

Studio Corner
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • harro1
    Participant

I use Sonar X1 Producer. What do you mean by “without midi”? Midi is what “drives” it.

ifbutforone
    Participant

If it is MIDI and I do not have a keyboard, then are you stating that I am screwed?

pipelineaudio
    Participant

Don’t worry, you aren’t screwed. As someone who is as much of a MIDI noob as you, I might be able to explain it to where we both understand.

MIDI is a language, so it neednt be hardware.

I dont have any midi hardware and I am doing just fine with superior drummer. Whatever DAW you use will most likely have a midi editor in it where you can enter in all your drums with the mouse, or a virtual keyboard or using step sequencing or a million other ways

I use REAPER which many say has the worst midi editing out there and I get along fine. If you use Sonar like harro does, itll probably be even easier, as Sonar comes from a long tradition of midi sequencing

Leevious
    Participant

I use REAPER as well, and am a complete ‘learn as you go’ guy when it comes to recording. Luckily, REAPER is pretty user-friendly and I am doing fine with it so far.

You can also download it free off their website. I chose to pay the small fee and get rid of the ‘nag screen’ on startup. Other than that, it is the full version.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.