We NEED linux support!

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • blebail
    Participant

I would definitely buy a Linux version of EZ Drummer.

I’m currently working with the Linux Build Of Reaper, a Scarlett Focusrite 2i2, and everything works perfectly out of the box.

Just missing a good Drum VST.

+1

Thanked by:
    Israel Roy
    Participant

It was a huge load of work and the learning curve was steep, but I manage to install Superior Drummer 2 On Linuxmint using Reaper.

Steps needed:  LinuxMint, KXStudio, WineHQ, Linvst. And they all have their quirks good luck if you succeed. I would much prefer native Linux. I run back to Win7 when things get serious but I still have a backup platform wich is workable.

Thanked by:
    ahellquist
    Participant

FWIW: I have bought EZ Drummer and runs it in Carla as Windows VST in my linux.

It works well and I think that as long as manual activation is possible, it will be a decent way to get a VST drummer but I sure hope Toontrack will do a real port like many other companies have done.

Since it is Black friday, I was urged to purchase a crossgrade to SD3 but I believe SD3 needs the Download manager for downloading content and possibly authorization and it is too much money to gamble with if things dont work.

If there was a Linux port of both EZD an SD, we could be happy paying customers instead of waiting for the first good commersial VST or preferably LV2 plugin.

Will a crossgrade from EZD2 to SD3 invalidate the EZD product or is it just a rebate for current owners to get SD3 with at discount ?

Have checked all FAQ but did not find an answer.

/Anders

Thanked by:
    Jens Kaufmann
    Participant

Another Linux enthusiast here on Mint Linux – I just baought the SD3 software and installed it on a windows dual boot machine. I am evaluating this machine for getting everything set up fast. But I will definitely dig in into getting my windows VSTs running on linux. I am planning to switch to Reaper as my new DAW as it supports both platforms.

Toontrack: pleeeease hear the community and support linux natively!

Thanked by:
    yuriko_2
    Participant

yes we need native linux please!

been using sd3 for quite some time on linux mint now, but only the vst works ok ish in reaper via linvst.

the standalone is pretty buggy and i can´t get midi input to work.

is it that hard to convert? isn´t it just compiling?

i ´d be happy even with a not supported beta version!

• This post was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by yuriko_2.

Thanked by:
    anonymous_3
    Participant

Please give us a Linux version. We are all willing to buy your drum-software. Please help us to do so 🙂

Sivert Grenersen
    Participant

I must add my voice to this. I am on the brink of switching to Linux. All I need is for Superior Drummer 3 to support Linux to do it, and I am set.

I can’t imagine that creating a Linux port is particularly difficult to make. I can definitely tolerate a few graphical compromises.

fperezgamonal
    Participant

Hello,

I also want to add my vote for a native Linux version. As a software engineer, I’ve been using Linux for around 5 years or so and its performance and customization is mind-blowing.

I’m also a drummer and I’ve been thinking on getting a newer e-drums alongside superior drummer 3 but fear the sluggish windows 10 experience, so a native version would be so appreciated and it would have lower latency and performance, for sure (perfect to play live and record!).

Please, fellows at Toontrack, listen to us Linux users!

M4R71N 88
    Participant

I vote for Linux support!

lucas galutia
    Participant

I would still love to see a Linux version of superior drummer. It would really be awesome if there was a version for cent OS. Or at least Ubuntu studio. I have already bought superior drummer, and would love to have an option for Linux.

doom-o-matic
    Participant

Yes please!

Holger Strunk
    Participant

I am also a passionate Linux user and would like to have native support!

In fact EZdrummer2 runs fine as VST PlugIn via Carla, I just added Drums for this Captain Future project in Ardour:

The only thing that you just can’t do is drag and drop MIDI parts from the PlugIn into the DAW. I love to create snippets with the integrated Song Creator or search function and then tweak around with the midi inside Ardour. But up to now I didn’t find another way than exporting MIDI from EZdrummer and then importing in Ardour.

Toontrack, what about a linux-native VST3 PlugIn Version? The step seems to be quite close.

Frederic
    Participant

Hey ! Have you tried using Yabridge (https://github.com/robbert-vdh/yabridge) ? It works like a breathe, and now you can even drag & drop from EZ Drummer 2 (and EZ Keys) to your Linux native DAW, I can confirm it works great with Harrison Mixbus and Bitwig. Let’s hope EZ Drummer 3 works that way when it’s released, Yabridge supports VST3 too.

Cool music, video, and guitar by the way 😉

• This post was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Frederic.

Thanked by: Holger Strunk
    Holger Strunk
    Participant

Thanks for the hint! I tried yabridge a few months ago but for any weird reason all loaded VSTs caused xruns in Ardour, so I switched back to Carla which works perfect (except drag and drop).

I am also very excited about EZdrummer 3 and will for sure try both VST bridges next week.

Holger Strunk
    Participant

@Frederic – I gave yabridge another try today: Drag and drop works without any problems! And the mentioned xruns are no problem anymore. Same machine but I think since my last yabridge test a few months ago it got updated in the right direction.

Cool, so Ardour with yabridged EZdrummer 2 works perfect – confirmed.

Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.