We need a Latin Percussion Midi Pack

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Tim Zurowski
    Participant

Okay, I will assume lack of any response means no chance of a Midi Pack for the Latin Percussion. Too bad, because I think it would sell really well and is really needed. Not many people who purchase the EZX will have the equipment to play the percussion themselves, and the midi patterns that come with the EZX are very limiting.

onewayout_1
    Participant

+1 on this!

onewayout_1
    Participant

+1 on this!

Ian
    Participant

I’d go for one

SD 3 | TD4 KX | Cubase Pro 10.0.40 | Win7

Henrik
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback, it’s always useful for us to hear what our customers wants! We can’t, however, talk or speculate about future releases 🙂

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Peter Venne
    Participant

It is definitely a hole in your lineup and I would buy any percussion and drum latin midipack in a heartbeat! (I’m scoring a film right now and browsing your site for just that)

John Baker Baker
    Participant

I was quite surprised there were only single instrument MIDI grooves (e.g. conga only, bongo only, etc). But no ensemble grooves. I feel this should have been included with the bundled MIDI files.

delboy007
    Participant

This is a mystery to me. With dozens of midi packs to choose from (many of which seem to repeat themselves) I don’t understand why there is not one single “Latin Rhythms” for drums available. I bought the Latin Percussion pack which is great but these rhythms are generally played on top of a drum kit. There is a whole world of exciting Latin music out there, why is this being ignored by Toontrack?

Remus_1
    Participant

I totally agree, just bought it and big ups for the sound, but a huge lack of different rythms.
    Even the NI latin kit was more than solid when it comes to different type of grooves.
    Please upgrade!

particlestorm
    Participant

Yes ! Count me in….We definitely need a Latin Midi Pack.

Luis Perez
    Participant

+1

Francis Middleton
    Participant

I totally agree with the things said in this thread; and I’ll raise the ante by noting that the product line should start focusing on other “world” rhythms — such as So American and African set-ups and grooves!

Michael Bagge
    Participant

I went looking for a midi pack as well but didn’t find any. Could surely use it.

marco rage
    Participant

I don’t understand why Toontrack, who does such excellent things in other styles, has been ignoring the richness of Latin music for all these years through this poor pack entitled «Latin percussion», without any other midi pack and which seems to have been done without the rigour and care of the other packs especially on the kits, the conga game is frequently made to three or four congas, as well as the realism of the sounds in relation to that of the battery packs. In the same genre Toontrack also seems to ignore Caribbean music and rhythms.  As a songwriter I am really disappointed.

pacificm
    Participant

I’ve been a long time user of EZ Drummer 2 and just upgraded to Superior Drummer 3.  The Toontrack products are great to use.  My background is in keyboards and not drumming.  So, the Toontrack products are very helpful in my DAW composition work.

It seems as if EZ Drummer and Superior Drummer are understandably designed specifically for Western “drumming”.  While I can appreciate good drumming, I am just as interested in good percussion.  I’m not a drumming expert by any means, but it seems as if “drumming” is largely the Western manifestation of trap sets and rock or contemporary music.  While “percussion” is more of a global manifestation of instruments and “world music.”

Toontrack has Latin Percussion EZX and Orchestral Percussion.  I would certainly be interested in more percussion midi and expansion packs.  Please consider this a vote of support to what was suggested above and a general vote for more percussion products – especially a World Music Percussion pack.  I think it could only help round out an excellent Toontrack set of products.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.