VST3 Compatability

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Petter
    BEST ANSWER

EZbass already supports VST3. VST3 support for our other products will be added either through minor or major updates.

Petter Adsten - Toontrack
    Support & Betatesting

Thanked by: Andreas Osslund
    Paul
    Participant

So, when will a VST3 version of Superior Drummer 3 be released?  Thanks.

tylerwylie
    Participant

I would like to see this done soon too, is there an ETA we can expect?  Q2 2022 perhaps?

Thanks!

zeyko
    Participant

Yes, I would also like to know when we can expect an update for Superior Drummer 3 to support VST3.

As your Flagship product this should be already done.

Thanks

Petter

I would like to see this done soon too, is there an ETA we can expect?  Q2 2022 perhaps?

Thanks!

The VST3 for Superior Drummer 3 is going to be made available Q2 2022.

Petter Adsten - Toontrack
    Support & Betatesting

Thanked by: Andreas Osslund and jerrybur
    Peter
    Participant

Thanks!

The VST3 for Superior Drummer 3 is going to be made available Q2 2022.

Fantastic!

juergen schwart
    Participant

It’s not only a problem for newer Toontrack Products.

It’s horrible to see that I can’t use any more EZ-Drummer and EZ-Keys with its big library (hundreds of dollars) since I installed Cubase 12

I feel cheated and can’t understand this poor communication between DAW and Plugin producers

Olof

It’s not only a problem for newer Toontrack Products.

It’s horrible to see that I can’t use any more EZ-Drummer and EZ-Keys with its big library (hundreds of dollars) since I installed Cubase 12

I feel cheated and can’t understand this poor communication between DAW and Plugin producers

Since you seem to be on Windows, you can still use those, you just need to add the paths where Cubase should look for the VST 2 plug-ins. Select Help > Show Plug-In Path in the standalones to see where they are.

VST 2 plug-ins are only unavailable in Cubase 12 on Apple silicon Macs when Cubase is running in native mode (instead of in Rosetta).

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

Peter
    Participant

How will we know when there’s a Superior VST3 update?

Olof

If you subscribe to the forum https://www.toontrack.com/forums/forum/customer-service/forum-announcements/, you’ll get an email then.

Coder

Peter
    Participant

Done, thanks!

Michael Norwood
    Participant

Yep my EZ Keys is now non  functional in Cubase 12. Checked the plug in path etc but as its still VST 2 it ain’t gonna work anymore.

Olof

Yep my EZ Keys is now non  functional in Cubase 12. Checked the plug in path etc but as its still VST 2 it ain’t gonna work anymore.

You seem to be using Windows, so it should definitely still work with VST 2 plug-ins. The VST 2 path to add in Cubase can be seen in the EZkeys 64-bit standalone: Help > Show Plug-In Path (without “EZkeys.dll”).

Coder

Michael Norwood
    Participant

Yes I’m on Win 11.

On checking this again, when I select the EZ Key instrument channel I can play the EZ Keys instrument ok. But when I hit the ‘Edit Instrument’ nothing appears. So I can’t see the EX Keys edit window. Its as if its either not opening up or its hiding off the screen somewhere. But the instrument is def playing. It opens up fine in standalone mode.

Frank Vitale
    Participant

I’m using Cubase 12 in native mode and have Blue Cat’s Patchwork plugin with an instance of EZ Keys.  Since Patchwork is VST 3 and native compatible it is working well.  I can still drag and drop from the song track as well as import into the song track in from within Cubase.  Everything works as it always has.  It’s a bit of a pain, but EZ Keys is central to my workflow and it would be nice if there were a VST3 version already.

I have to admit I’m getting a little impatient with many of the plugin developers that haven’t addresses the native and VST3 issue yet.  They’ve know for well over two years this was coming and have had SDKs for sometime.  EZ Keys is the only Toontrack product that still isn’t full compatible with VST3.

Others I’m annoyed with are Soundtoys, UAD, iZotope and Native Instruments.  I’ve spent a ton of money with all these companies and I’m still waiting.  So come on people…chop chop!

• This post was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Frank Vitale.

Thanked by: Blue Fire
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.