Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

V-Drums Rim Tigger

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Damian Blunt

Which module do you have?

I have a CY-8 that triggers strangely, but I think that’s on it’s way out.

Damian Blunt - Toontrack
    Quality Assurance
    Betatesting

ZM
    Participant

I have the TD-12 (purchased as part of the Roland TD-12S kit)…

I am trying different settings for the thresholds and sensitivity of the rim and trigger, which helps a bit, but still cannot completely eliminate the false triggering. The rim triggers seem to require a very hard hit to trigger, compared to the head triggers…

So, hitting the rim soft means either no sound or a head sound, and hitting the rim hard results in sometimes a rim trigger sound, sometimes a head sound!

This is especially important for me for the Hi-Hat, where I like to have a different sounds assigned to the rim and the head (just like a real hi-hat would)….

Any help appreciated…

…ZM

Damian Blunt

This doesn’t sound right at all….have you tried a resetting the TD-12 to factory default? 

Damian Blunt - Toontrack
    Quality Assurance
    Betatesting

ZM
    Participant

Yes, just did a factory reset and tried again.. It’s a problem with all the triggers, not just the HH.

For example, playing the rim of a tom will at times randomly trigger the regular tom head sound instead. The softer one plays, the more false triggers.

So obviously the MIDI sent out is equally compromised, and the results from Superior reflect this…

Help…!

…ZM

ZM
    Participant

Self-reply which may be of interest to others…

After spending some time on the phone with Roland, the Roland techs went off and tried out various playing techniques and settings on their test kits.

Sad news: This trigger inconsistency is a limitation of the design!

How insensitive (sorry).

….ZM

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.