Using EzMix2 with superior drummer 2

Studio Corner
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Scott

If you use the multi out function in the S2 mixer, you can route the S2 mixer channels to your host DAW. Then, you can insert EZmix 2 plugins in the channel inserts and/or Aux send in your host and off you go.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Scott Eshleman
    Participant

Figuring that using EZMix as an insert in a DAW was fairly obvious,
    I assumed that the OP was attempting to run both Superior Drummer2 and EZMix2 in standalone mode (by way of Toontrack Solo).

I just successfully output S2/Solo to Soundflower (MAC)
    and set Soundflower as the inputs to EZMix2 both in standalone mode,
    without a DAW.

Creativeusername
    Participant

@Scott said:

If you use the multi out function in the S2 mixer, you can route the S2 mixer channels to your host DAW. Then, you can insert EZmix 2 plugins in the channel inserts and/or Aux send in your host and off you go.

Well, I am using the Multichannel function on my DAW (reaper). The channels are assigned to the tracks. Is it possible to route the tracks to another track and use EzMix2 effects on that track?

John

I’m not sure I understand the question fully but an example of what I do sometimes with my host (Pro Tools) is that I add e.g. a Send on the Snare and Tom mixer faders in the Superior 2 mixer and then route the output of that Bus to an unused pair of outputs of the Superior 2 plugin and create an Aux in my host with its input set to that corresponding output. That way I can insert e.g. an EZmix Reverb, Sending directly from the Superior 2 mixer.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.