Upgrade License for SD2 and EZD2 owners?

Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • James Clay
    Participant

    This x1000 🙂
    Pretty please lovely Toontrack people!

    Mario Krušelj
    Participant

    I agree with this sentiment!

    Magne Kolstad
    Participant

    +1

    Mucusman
    Participant

    Agreed. There’s enough overlap, and we’ve demonstrated our commitment to Toontrack, a further break would be a nice gesture.

    Donna
    Participant

    ohh that would be so nice. SD3 really does seem to combine the main feature sets of each. As an owner of both, it looks like there would be little to no use for EZD2 after upgrading SD2 (unless I’m missing something).

    Louis Dornbierer
    Participant

    I think that would be a great thing also. I have both and Superior 3 looks to be a winner.
    A little incentive for those that have invested a lot would be nice.

    Anthony Alexander
    Participant

    +1 again. I’ve owned pretty much everything going back to the original SD, original EZD, SD 2 and EZD 2, plus five of the SD expansions, 8 of the EZD expansions and some MIDI packs. So, I’m definitely grateful, but it would really be nice to get a bigger break here after all those years of patronage and $ spent. And not to make this too pathetic… but I purchased EZD 2 just 10 months ago after waiting for this upgrade to SD 3 for a few years and thinking it wasn’t coming.

    nexis
    Participant

    not only that, but what about owners who already own Drum Tracker as well? I own EZ2, SD2, AND Drum Tracker. Will there be an even more special price for those of us who own all 3 of these products?

    nexis
    Participant

    Can’t wait to try this!

    tooner10
    Participant

    i humbly agree. i’m seeing a $199 upgrade price from SD2 which i own and $299 upgrade from EZD2 which i also already own???!!!! $200 is a lot to pay for resizable windows and improved midi functionality!!!! which i might add i already had in EZD2 for a couple of years now.

    honestly the tons of other features of SD3 are not interesting to me (other than the two i listed above) at all and it feels to me like TT has lumped all this together to squeeze more cash from me when i’ve already essentially bought two programs from them that do these things separately. from my perspective, SD3 really puts to death SD2 and EZD2 as it marries both.

    i think what i’m saying is there should be a *significantly* lower third upgrade price for users that own BOTH EZD2 AND SD2 not just one or the other! i feel like i’m getting squeezed at $199 for the SD2 upgrade!

    If Toontrack decided to take this on board and give us such an upgrade path, what would you guys consider a fair price? I feel if you subtract the SD2 upgrade price with the EZD2 price, €90 would be resonable. Taking in to account the new kits / features we would be gettting.

    Derek Thorlakson
    Participant

    I agree as well. I purchased EZD2 to make up for the far less useable interface of SD2 – and rarely used SD2. There should be an upgrade path that rewards customers who have embraced both products.

    James Clay
    Participant

    @tooner10 said:
    i humbly agree. i’m seeing a $199 upgrade price from SD2 which i own and $299 upgrade from EZD2 which i also already own???!!!! $200 is a lot to pay for resizable windows and improved midi functionality!!!! which i might add i already had in EZD2 for a couple of years now.

    honestly the tons of other features of SD3 are not interesting to me (other than the two i listed above) at all and it feels to me like TT has lumped all this together to squeeze more cash from me when i’ve already essentially bought two programs from them that do these things separately. from my perspective, SD3 really puts to death SD2 and EZD2 as it marries both.

    i think what i’m saying is there should be a *significantly* lower third upgrade price for users that own BOTH EZD2 AND SD2 not just one or the other! i feel like i’m getting squeezed at $199 for the SD2 upgrade!  

    I think that the SD2 upgrade price is already pretty sensible given the massive size and features of SD3. I don’t think it is realistic to expect TT to more than halve the price – as they must have considered this prior to launch – so a €139/USD149 upgrade price for SD2/EZ2 owners would seem about right. For me that would move SD3 from the category of “wait for Time & Space offer to knock some € down from €179” to “instabuy!!!! at €139”. That seems fair. But I trust the TT people to come up with something.

    Yaron Feinberg
    Participant

    +1000
    Toontrack please listen to your loyal customers for years who have supported you for many years owning SD2 and Ezdrummer2 + dozens of your expansion packs!
    We all share same feeling that 200$ upgrade is too much especially when some/most of us just need the extra engine features that we use to know and love from ezd2 (playing styles, tap2find…). You could have update just the SW without this heavy load of unwanted recordings and allow upgrade to the full huge production you did just for customers who really want those 7 kits X 11.1 surrounds.
    Most /few of us just want the upgraded functionality of the sw.
    Please please reconsider more upgrade path (just the sw without new sounds) or different price for your loyal customers having EZD2 and Sd2.
    Thanks
    Thanks

    Anthony Alexander
    Participant

    I’d be happy with $149 USD instead of the currently listed $209 USD.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

×