Upgrade License for SD2 and EZD2 owners?

Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales
Viewing 14 replies - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Keith Cowgill
    Participant

Just wanted to add my voice here. Love your products and very excited about SD3. An upgrade price for those of who own ezd2 and sd2 would be a fair approach!

ryanduncan28
    Participant

Yes, I started another thread because of this and I agree! I wonder how many of you were SD2 owners and had to purchase EZD2 at full cost to get the songwriting features? There was no upgrade pricing for us. This would be a worthy repayment! ?

@ryanduncan28 said:
    Yes, I started another thread because of this and I agree! I wonder how many of you were SD2 owners and had to purchase EZD2 at full cost to get the songwriting features? There was no upgrade pricing for us. This would be a worthy repayment! ?  

Originally I owned EZD 1 with loads of expansions, then brought SD2.0 with one of the expansions, then when EZD2 came out I upgraded to that for it’s features. Now SD3 is coming soon, from a customer p.o.v it’s feels like a back and forth upgrade process, which will only continue unless the opportunity to merge licenses is given. I love the products, and don’t mind paying something. I just don’t really want retire one for the other, and I also would like the new kits.

Tommy Otnes
    Participant

I have been a Toontrack user since the original DFH.I own Superior Drummer 2 with all released SDX, And EZdrummer 2 with all released EDZ. I also have all released drum MIDI packs. With the release of SD3 I will retire SD2 and EZD2. I can do everything I need in SD3. I agree that an upgrade option for people that own both SD2 and EZD2 would be great 🙂

thana
    Participant

@Jerome_F said:
    You could have update just the SW without this heavy load of unwanted recordings and allow upgrade to the full huge production you did just for customers who really want those 7 kits X 11.1 surrounds.

THANK YOU.

Toontrack, please consider separating the SD software from its library. A lot of people already have the sounds they need and just want the improved functionality of the new software without the added cost of a new library.

uncledavid
    Participant

I have to agree here, I own everything EZD2, SD2, EZKEYS,EZMIX2 and a boatload of xpacks from all of em.Cry I agree with the $149 price. I missed the Time and space deal by one day, I was waiting on payday then bam the deal was gone.

CA
    Participant

Likewise, I own all EZD2, SD2, EZKEYS, EZMIX2, with midi and expansion packs. These are fantastic tools. All of them are brilliant. I’m however in two minds about it’s cost. On one hand I think the €209 upgrade to SD3 is fair, if you consider the the features and likely rate of use of the product; and I believe all the sound libraries are likely to be useful. I record a huge amount of music and genre, and sometime in Surround too.
    I’m hoping in fact that they look more into the EzKeys packs and provide more midi to their packs and build up the libraries which are much smaller then what you’d get in a EZD2 midi pack.
    I guess if you making money in recording and producing you’d have to say the upgrade is reasonable. If you’re not making money and it’s purely a hobby, then this is perhaps not so… But then as a hobbyist why would you be buying anything other than EZD2? Which I use far more extensively then SD2. Except when playing my e-drums I use SD2. (Roland TD3)

So, not long now. Be interesting to see if they offer that upgrade path on release or at least, tell us what they’re thinking in regards to it.

Scott

The only discounted upgrade products that will be available are the Superior Drummer 3 Upgrade (for owners of SD2) and the Superior Drummer 3 Crossgrade (for owners of EZdrummer 2). There are no plans to offer any further upgrade options.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

@Scott said:
    The only discounted upgrade products that will be available are the Superior Drummer 3 Upgrade (for owners of SD2) and the Superior Drummer 3 Crossgrade (for owners of EZdrummer 2). There are no plans to offer any further upgrade options.  

Scott, thank you for the reply. I must admit that is slightly disappointing to hear, I do hope that eventually something will be offered to owners of both EZD2 and SD2 in the future. Currently, as it stands, I won’t be upgrading. Personally, it feels like customers who own both products + then some, are not being offered anything other than an ultimatum. Either upgrade SD2 or EZD2 or don’t upgrade at all, which feels kind of harsh. I still support Toontrack for creating awesome products and totally understand you guys need to make money from SD3 but please don’t completely shut the door on consumers that have invested a lot into Toontrack Drum products.

All the best,

ryanduncan28
    Participant

@Marcus said:

Scott, thank you for the reply. I must admit that is slightly disappointing to hear, I do hope that eventually something will be offered to owners of both EZD2 and SD2 in the future. Currently, as it stands, I won’t be upgrading. Personally, it feels like customers who own both products + then some, are not being offered anything other than an ultimatum. Either upgrade SD2 or EZD2 or don’t upgrade at all, which feels kind of harsh. I still support Toontrack for creating awesome products and totally understand you guys need to make money from SD3 but please don’t completely shut the door on consumers that have invested a lot into Toontrack Drum products.

All the best,  

My sentiments as well. I’m not trying to knock Toontrack or downplay the new product, but it seems like Toontrack is really putting their foot down here and I think we are raising a very fair argument. A little acknowledgement would be nice.

greg
    Participant

I think it’s natural for Toontrack to print a fantasy retail price point so they can have endless and increasing discounts for the next several years. A few will pay the fantasy price. Black Friday should be interesting as they re-evaluate their initial sales. Even more interesting should be Black Friday 2018.

$419 is shocking. But in reality, without even looking very hard I see it’s available at one retailer for $312.07 and the SD2 to SD3 upgrade is at $159.84. (USA prices) Those prices are not going to increase in the future.Laugh

Craig Hlady
    Participant

I couldn’t find that SD2 to SD3 upgrade price anywhere on the web.

greg
    Participant

@Craig said:
    I couldn’t find that SD2 to SD3 upgrade price anywhere on the web.  

It was at Time and Space, and 24 hours after I found it, the price was changed and raised. Not only raised price, but the T&S website currency converter now simply takes the british pounds price and converts the upgrade, after the VAT even though if purchasing it from the USA there is no VAT to $199.

Viewing 14 replies - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.