Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Toontrack License Transfer Fees and Toontrack Forum Restrictions

The Pub
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • joe
    Participant

Drum MIDI pack 22 euros.

License transfer fees 15 euros.

Solution: Don’t buy any more MIDI packs!

License transfer fees countervalue is $ 2,250.00
    (done...)

So my anger about the Toontrack license transfer fee introduced in June 2021 is not entirely unfounded...

https://www.toontrack.com/faq/transfer-of-license-and-multiple-installs-important-information/

Phenix 2
    Participant

The solution is simple: buy what you really need-like

all that I have from Toontrack is what I want to keep

You like drums, iconic sounds and drum plugins ?
    > Go and see my Youtube channel : check it out and subscribe !

joe
    Participant

The solution is simple: buy what you really need-like

all that I have from Toontrack is what I want to keep

Thats what I do – for the future. And now nowing that there is license transfer fees it is okay with me regardnig future buying 😉

But introducing the fees not saying that it does not have to be paid for licenses that were bought befor the introduction- that feels simply like a betrayal to me…

May that be as it is, after registering the Big Band EZX today I think the topic Toontrack is none of my topics anymore 😉

License transfer fees countervalue is $ 2,250.00
    (done...)

So my anger about the Toontrack license transfer fee introduced in June 2021 is not entirely unfounded...

https://www.toontrack.com/faq/transfer-of-license-and-multiple-installs-important-information/

A Z
    Participant

Did they?  😮

Well, I agree, that ain’t cool, and kills the 2nd hand market.

They didn’t advertise this as loud as their other stuff..

• This post was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by A Z.
    jason vanmeter
    Participant

I just realized this when I wanted to sell the stuff I’ve paid $1141.00 for. I regret buying now. I’m trying to sell my stuff for $550.0 in a bundle. I bought a lot of stuff in bundles and onsale, so individually I own about 2k worth of their stuff. It’s not cool to do this to customers. This is why I’m going the hardware route. I own about 10k worth of software, and a lot of companies make things too difficult. It’s like Akai or Roland charging you, if you want to sell a keyboard or MPC that you’ve bought from them already. They’re already selling there stuff at a premium. It’s predatory what Toontrack is doing, though. $15.00 bucks a pop is robbery.

gearnerd
    Participant

Playing devil’s advocate here: it does take toontrack employees some effort because it’s a manual process to register and unregister a license key. Effort that doesn’t translate into revenue or profit.

However 15 euro’s is a bit much, and it should be per transaction not per product. It makes it much more interesting to sell off bundles. Toontrack could automate the process using the “toontrack manager” product. Being able to buy and sell secondhand is very important to me as a customer.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.