Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

To the Toontrack support team

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Damian Blunt

1)  If the predefined volume of articulations relative to one another do not suit you, you can adjust the  volume of individual articulations by going to the instrument pane in the bottom right hand corner, selecting the articulation you wish to adjust, pressing the ‘edit articulation only’ button, and adjusting the volume fader in the instrument pane. 

While you have ‘edit articulation only’ selected you can further play with the velocity controls in the ‘voices and layers’ pane (adjacent to the instrument pane) to help you get the response you desire.

2)  If  you go to the free user download area /extra downloads/superior/edrums and download the edrum guide pdf, there are guidelines on how to adjust the foot splash response.  These guidelines are for Superior 1 but they are easily translated to Superior 2.

The alternative is to turn the foot splash off completely by selecting the ‘open pedal’ articulation only, going to the voices and layers pane and under layer limits select zero for each of the soft, gradient and hard hits.

Out of interest which hihat are you using.  Is it a Hart or Roland?

Damian Blunt - Toontrack
    Quality Assurance
    Betatesting

Nathan Watkins
    Participant

First let me say thank you for your help. I will definitely try these suggestions.

I am using the Hart hihats.

Out of curiosity, have you been able to get S2 tweaked out the way that you want?

Damian Blunt

I have Superior 2 working perfectly for my own needs – I tweak both S2 and my TD-12 to get the performance I want…

One thing I forgot to ask is have you downloaded and installed Superior 2.01? – the hihat performance is much improved.

I know John Rammelt uses a Hart kit and I seem to recall it took him a while to get everything tweaked, but once done it outperformed his Roland kit….so I’d keep trying – there’s no reason that S2 should be a limting factor in getting the edrum performance you desire.

Damian Blunt - Toontrack
    Quality Assurance
    Betatesting

Rogue

Hi – thanks for your feedback.

first off, as Damian advised you should download and install Superior 2.0.1, which improves the hihats response for modules sending excessive amount of CC data which is very likely what you are experiencing.

besides that, Damian and Joe probably already said it all: adjust articulation volumes to your liking, turn footsplashes off if you don’t want that effect simulated or it is somewhat intrusive with your setup. Same for not getting any closed hats, select the ‘HatsCtrl’ and lower the limit until you don’t have to forcefully stamp on the pedal to get closed hats. This will kill the ‘Tight’ hats but this may be the only way to get reliable response from your controller if you have tried to adjust it in the various ways recommended by Hart.

On a closing note I would agree that we need to organize a dedicated edrum documentation to avoid confusion and we are working on that. I would however disagree that guess work is the only way currently to get the hihat working, all the tips and advices on this forum for example pretty much systematically explain why some particular step is performed.

So, please bear with us but also keep up-to-date with your software in the meantime as more so than extra ‘edrum’ documentation or templates that ‘magically’ will transform your playing into NirZ’s (a typical show setup takes a couple of hours, not including Nir’s breakfast), understanding what each control in Superior performs will get you a long way down the road to perfect response from your kit.

Best Regards,
    RM

Rogue Marechal - Toontrack
    Configuration Manager

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.