“Tip” and “Edge” of HiHat. What do you mean?

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 8 replies - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Whitten
    Participant

OK, having never read the manual I now see ‘Driller’ is right on this.
    I think the manual should say ‘top’ instead of tip, maybe with (bow zone) in brackets.
    I don’t use the term bow ever really, and probably most people would be mystified by that. Hit the top hi-hat bad on the edge for ‘edge hit, hit it on top for a tip hit.
    Yeah, it’s still confusing, but I was never confused by Toontrack’s use of the terms ‘tip’ and ‘edge’ with regards to the sampled soundfiles, but I can see now what ‘Driller’ is saying, in the context of the manual text it IS confusing.

DPTrainor
    Participant

Diller is correct on all accounts. Why in the world would you argue endlessly with a customer? Listen to him – he is correct. He can hit both the bell and the bow of the hat with the tip. Or any other object for that matter. Even the tip if you are accurate enough. You guys should have more respect. Your nomenclature is fundementally flawed. And you are defending it. Listen to his honest and respectful feedback and modify the the next revision of the manual – it is confusing, in that you are using the anatomy of a stick to describe the anatomy of a cymbal. It is fundementally wrong. You guys have written great software (love it), but you need to communicate with more respect. And write better documentation, otherwise you are going to continue to get endless support questions. Thank you and Best Regards, DPT.

Scott

Welcome to the forum Daniel.

There is a line between arguing and discussing. I believe I never crossed into the ‘arguing’ with my explanation and ultimate conclusions. 

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Rich Seaton
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Scott

Welcome to the forum Daniel.

There is a line between arguing and discussing. I believe I never crossed into the ‘arguing’ with my explanation and ultimate conclusions. 

Maybe “heated discussion” but I certainly wouldn’t say arguing.

Anyway, we sorted this matter out (in a perfectly civil fashion) months ago…and Superior Drummer 2.0 remains the best of its breed.

Don't worry, this won't hurt a bit...

DPTrainor
    Participant

Sorry. I was reading through the post and it caught me the wrong way. Its all good.

Rich Seaton
    Participant

Heh, heh, I think everyone has said “sorry” in this thread (including myself), you’re just the latest 🙂

Don't worry, this won't hurt a bit...

Pascal Procman
    Participant

How Roland names …Bow_Edge_Roland.jpg

Superior Drummer 2.4 - EZ Drummer - All SDX - Roland TD30 - Mainstage - Cubase
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_VVnifdbPwdlUBSqiQvVqAProcman_Signature_YT.png

DrumrboyNoid
    Participant

Driller, no need to be an ass-hat while talking about a hi-hat. Relax man.

Viewing 8 replies - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.