Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

The transition between ezd 2 to superior drummer 3

Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Henrik
    Participant

Basically, Superior Drummer 3 is EZdrummer 2 on steroids. Everything you do in EZd2 can be made in SD3, and the similar functions look pretty much the same. The idea behind the design of SD3 is that EZd2 users should be able to start using SD3 without having to learn a lot of new stuff, when using the same functions as EZd2 has (Tap2Find, Edit Play Style, searching for Grooves, changing libraries/presets, changing instruments, etc).

It’s not until you want to do more advanced stuff in SD3 you have to learn new things, such as mixing, routing microphones, stacking sounds, changing MIDI mappings, etc.

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Phenix 2
    Participant

i have many ezx packs but my conclusion is that the sounds (in the demos) are better with superior drummer  3 (more natural sounding)

i can be a little disappointed if i have to change my software to a new one to be satisfied with

when i saw the big mixer in superior drummer 3 it was scary lol

with ez2 i just change the volume (of each parts), the OH! and the reverb or ambiance

You like drums, iconic sounds and drum plugins ?
    > Go and see my Youtube channel : check it out and subscribe !

Henrik
    Participant

with ez2 i just change the volume (of each parts), the OH! and the reverb or ambiance

You can achieve the same thing in SD3. If you open an EZX and chose only to show the buses in the mixer, these will be the same as the level faders you see in EZdrummer 2 🙂 You can get more advanced if you want to, by showing the individual microphone and output channels, but that’s optional!

An EZX preset will use the same effects in EZdrummer 2 as in Superior Drummer 3, so when you load a preset they will sound the same in both products. The difference is that you can change the mixer in SD3, and add more effects.

The sound will be better when you get SDXs, since they have more samples per articulation, more articulations, and the audio has a higher sample frequency, etc.

Toontrack

• The post has been modified 2 times, last modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Henrik.

Thanked by: AltSound
    Phenix 2
    Participant

Thanks !

is it better with superior drummer 3

for these kinds of snare drums ? It sounds  so rock and natural in these  mixes (sorry if my English is not perfect 🙂

i really think i had not to buy ezd2 cos if i change it to sdd3 i will lose ezd2?

John

i really think i had not to buy ezd2 cos if i change it to sdd3 i will lose ezd2?

If you crossgrade to SD3 from EZdrummer 2, you do not lose your EZdrummer 2 license. You can still use both products on your system.

BR,

John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Henrik
    Participant

is it better with superior drummer 3 for these kind of snare drums

Well, SD3 can produce “better” sounding drums for sure, since you can do more things there! But you should listen to demos of SD3, and for different SDX:s, and watch some Youtube movies where people are using SD3 to see what it looks like, and how it can sound.

Toontrack

Phenix 2
    Participant

i have seen many videos and yes it sounds good and natural for the snares

about the SDD3, everything from rock to metal sounds good

maybe  the packs are useless if the original sdd3 has all what we need for rock-metal

and i have listened to many ezx packs too : i know them very well now

to find the best ones for a natural sounding

for me the best are: uk pop, ezd2 (great), alt-rock, metalheads, nashville, rock

“seventies rock “too but it sounds a little bit darker

but what i would like to find is a snare like in the videos

or maybe, just a look at the mix (reverb – oh- ambience, comp) would be enough

Blix Six
    Participant

Will the Crossgarde (EZD2 to SD3) be on promotion anytime soon?

I have bad feeling the promotion period has already been.

B6

Phenix 2
    Participant

i want promotion -discount too but it was before

now, there is just a crossgrade and it costs a lot of money

Blix Six
    Participant

Thats a shame

B6

Phenix 2
    Participant

i think  a better price to go to  sd 3 would be good for people who have ez 1+ ezd2 and a lot of EZZ

anderberg
    Participant

I just want to get this straight. I got EZD not too long ago, along with the Metal Machine expansion.
    If I were to upgrade to SD3, can I still use that particular expansion? It really fits for the project I am currently working with.

Thanks,

John

Hi anderberg,

EZX:s can be used with SD3, so no problem.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thanked by: anderberg
    anderberg
    Participant

Excellent! And if I understood it correctly, you can also customize the keyboard layout with SD3 (Which is not possible in EZ2)? I have a Akai MPK225 solely for drum programming.

Wozza_1
    Participant

Hi guys.

Do you know if SD3 can access the ‘already treated’ kits from my EZd 2?

Cheers in advance 😉

• This post was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Wozza_1.
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.