The Classic EZX = Fantastic!!!

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Whitten
    Participant
    Dave Modisette
    Participant

Aren’t those N&C Toms fantastic?  Love those especially.  Great sounding snares in that kit also.

Dave Modisette www.gatortraks.com www.plasticsamerica.com http://www.gatortraks.com/forum

Martin

Yep, this is my favourite EZX so far without question (not just because it’s the latest). The N&C snare is my absolute favourite, along with the 15″ Hihat.

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

John

Yes,

fantastic set of very versatile drums, as usual from Mr. Whitten and Mr. Henderson.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

pimenta
    Participant

You guys did a great job. It plays very nice with e-drums just like the big brothers SDX, super light on RAM sweet sounds.

Pim

4 year old Dell XPS 410 Intel® Core™2 E6700 4GB XP SP 2
    Sony Vaio Core Duo 2 P7450 6GB Windows 7 64 bit
    Roland Td20KX/SPD30
    Superior 2-all SDX /Ezdrummer couple of packs
    BFD2/BFD ECO/Addictive Drums

Spirit
    Participant

+1

This EZX has the sound. Its a pleasure to play “groovy” rythms with it.

Modern Day Catastrophists

sam odell
    Participant

I just picked this one up, and for lack of a better word it’s very classy. (no pun intended) I think it’s a good addition to my arsenal especially the grooves.

One thing I notice though is it’s very VERY warm sounding, at first I thought it was almost too warm sounding because when I dropped it into a song that was previously using the C&V SDX the drum mix sounded almost more dull like they needed some highs boosted for some added crispness, especially in a mix with some ARP 2600/minimoogV type synths (something like a modern ‘Who Are you’ by the Who’ is what I was going for) but a little heavier with more distorted guitars etc..

but anyway, I started something new and kinda built sounds around this ezx that complimented that warmth, and it’s a very friendly sound. these sounds remind me of that ‘band on the run’ song by McCartney. Overall I’m happy with it and it is different to C&V because you can’t just drop it in and have it sound as balanced especially if there’s heavy Tom use.. C&V is more crisp to me but I guess that’s not always what’s needed.

I’m actually starting to use ezx’s more than sdx’s because in just about every song that I used the Metal foundry in, they seemed to sound better if I dropped in the Metalheads ezx, but I know that probably comes down to my lack of skills as a mixer.

either way, I’m happy with it in a ‘summer breeze makes me feel fine’ kinda way.

keep it up!

http://www.youtube.com/user/samicide1/ http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/artist_songs/969759/

PW
    Participant

It is excellent. The paiste cymbals are great and it can have some attack if you play with EQ and the ambience on the snare. It is the best E drum snare and hi hat i have used.

Peter Warren
    415-847-1697

sam odell
    Participant

I take back some of what I said up there because the more I use it the more I like it, it’s fitting well in a lot of stuff and I even set it to be my default library when S2 opens. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/samicide1/ http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/artist_songs/969759/

Whitten
    Participant

Thanks gents.
    Much appreciated.

csnow-70
    Participant

Best product for Superior in my opinion. I own NY Vol 2, Evil Drums, Music City, and C&V (I used to own Metal Foundry but I sold that one). To me, the Classic is the best of all of them. I just love playing my drums with it!

Anders Hagström
    Participant

Yes, the Classic EZX sure is fantastic.
    Excellent sounds from the different kits and setups. Very useful midi drumming from Chris and Peter. A must buy IMO!

Chris, If you´re reading this…just curious.
    Have you ever worked with recording engineer/producer Phill Brown?
    I´ve just finished reading his book “are we still rolling”. The Helios desk is mentioned very often. Cool to be able to hear that sound in action with the Classic EZX.

Whitten
    Participant

No, I can’t remember having worked with Phil Brown. Although many times in the 80’s I was called in for three or six hour sessions when the emphasis was on getting the job done, not chatting. So he may have been the engineer on a session and I’ve just forgotten.

stephenpaulharper
    Participant

The Noble & Cooley and Yamaha kits get lots of praise, but the Craviotto kit shouldn’t be forgotten.  All three kits are drums of the highest order.  They all play exceptionally well with edrums also. 

Windows 10, REAPER, ADK edrums, Mimic Pro and DDTi TMIs

Whitten
    Participant

Craviotto kits are incredible.
    Johnny Craviotto’s workmanship is superb, and the design of the kit (single ply) makes for an outstanding sound.

The kits in The Classic represent my take on the best sounding drums of the last 20 years.
    Yamaha (80’s and 90’s), N&C Horizon (90’s, 2000’s) and Craviotto (today).

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.