Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

TD3 – Pro Tools – SD2

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Whitten
    Participant

Attach the midi out of your TD3 to the midi in of the midi i/o.
    Open a Pro Tools session and create a new stereo track….. a virtual instrument track.
    Instance Superior 2 on an insert in the mixer channel corresponding to the instrument track.
    Highlight the red record arm button on the instrument track, hit play and the track will go into record, then start playing your TD3.
    The midi should be recorded onto the track.
    When you are done, you disable the record button and press ‘play’ to playback your recording.
    You can then edit the midi.

John

Hi Alan,

1) on the Mapping page, select MIDI Preset ‘E-drums’ then any of the HH correction curves if needed (I think you will find it so) for the FD-8
    2) It’s just to connect a MIDI cable from your TD-3 module to the MIDI IN of your MIDI Interface and make sure this MIDI is getting into Pro Tools. Then you just Insert S2 on an Instrument Track and make sure the MIDI Input is correct.
    3) Yes, the Humanize functions do not affect timing.

Best Regards,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Alan Young
    Participant

Thanks Chris/John

I’ve just simplified things for myself by coming back from my local music store with a midi/usb interface.

Thanks for the recording/mapping tips too, i’ll get my son to play and record when he comes in from school. I didn’t know it was that simple, it just looked a lot harder.

His words ‘ I’ll play what you want, but i’m not drawing no dots in’

Teenagers huh!

I appreciate it guys, thanks again.

Alan

OSX Lion 10.7.1, Intel 2.4Ghz Intel i5 Macbook Pro 4G DDR ram 1067. Logic Pro 9.1

Alan Young
    Participant

Hi Guys, sorry to be a pest.

Yes, i managed to get the midi and sound working from the TD3. The only problem i had after setting the Mapping to E Drums was nothing changed. When i hit the various kit pieces a different piece would play, which didn’t really change anything from before i selected E Drums. I don’t know what i’m doing wrong but i guess it will be something simple.

I am inserting SD on a stereo instrument track in PTools.

OSX Lion 10.7.1, Intel 2.4Ghz Intel i5 Macbook Pro 4G DDR ram 1067. Logic Pro 9.1

Rogue

If what you are saying is that the wrong kit pieces play when you hit your pads this would mean that your module is either not at the factory settings, or that you haven’t plugged the right pad in the labeled inputs at the back.

Rogue Marechal - Toontrack
    Configuration Manager

Alan Young
    Participant

Thanks Rogue, i’ll check tomorrow.
    Was wondering if anyone was coming back on this, been busy and guessed you guys were too so didn’t push it.

Alan

Alan Young
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Rogue

If what you are saying is that the wrong kit pieces play when you hit your pads this would mean that your module is either not at the factory settings, or that you haven’t plugged the right pad in the labeled inputs at the back.

Finally got around to trying to record the TD3 live into ProTools.

Ok, here’s where i am at. The TD3 is set at the factory setting, the kit pieces are all plugged into their relevant outputs.

When i hit the hi hat, the tom plays. Snare is ok, BD is now tom2. I remapped everything manually to play as it should but i am having huge problems with the Hi Hat, it is set at open and no matter what i do i.e change the mapping settings it won’t change. Pedal correction doesn’t make any difference whatsoever. I’ve tried ‘learn’ open ‘learn’ closed when mapping but unfortunately no joy.
    I even tried the setting to edrum, but no difference their either. Is there a way to sort this? as my next project involves live playing. For this one i have had to go into my midi editor and move things around so i get the articulations on the Hats i need, but surely there must be an easy way.

Thanks in advance

Alan

John

If your TD-3 module is using Factory Settings, selecting the ‘E-drums’ MIDI Preset on the Mapping page can not result in hihat hits producing tom hits.
    Please check this again and that you do not have any Real-Time Properties MIDI transformation going on in Pro Tools.
    It’s much easier to start from the ‘E-drums’ MIDI Preset than to set up everything manually but if you still wish to do it, it is explained in the manual; Chapter 7.
    Chapter 7.2 in particular. In short, you clear all the individual HH articulation assignments and Learn the notes you send to the ‘Trig’ articulations instead, which will give you a smooth Transmute when moving the HH controller.

Best Regards,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Alan Young
    Participant

Thanks for the swift reply John. And will do as suggested.

Regards

Alan

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.