Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

TD-9 & Superior 2

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Francesco Roda
    Participant

Anyone confirm whether the TD-9 works with S2 straight outta the box?
    Peace

Damian Blunt

It should work well straight out of the box, but to manually re-assign any instruments within superior 2 is easy

Damian Blunt - Toontrack
    Quality Assurance
    Betatesting

Francesco Roda
    Participant

Thanx Grandady…

Another silly question…….

Positional sensing is not supported in the TD-9……….Is this the module or the actual snare….the td-12 has the same snare, and DOES support it……SOOOO…….

Can positional sensing be achieved using S2 with the TD-9? Or am I limited….Can S2 be tweeked so that I have different sounds come out of the kit when I hit different parts of it….hats, ride, snare etc….

Also, how well does the cy-5 hat respond to S2?

Peace…..T

Damian Blunt

ORIGINAL: Francesco Roda

Thanx Grandady…

Another silly question…….

Positional sensing is not supported in the TD-9……….Is this the module or the actual snare….the td-12 has the same snare, and DOES support it……SOOOO…….

Can positional sensing be achieved using S2 with the TD-9? Or am I limited….Can S2 be tweeked so that I have different sounds come out of the kit when I hit different parts of it….hats, ride, snare etc….

Unfortunately the module needs to send MIDI continuous controller data which relates to the position on the snare….So you can’t really emulate this in software…so the answer is no.  Unless your module supports positional sensing you won’t be able to achieve this with S2

ORIGINAL: Francesco Roda

Also, how well does the cy-5 hat respond to S2?

Peace…..T

The cy-5 as a trigger is fantastic…..there are a few issues with the FD-8, but you should be able to get things up and running fine.

Damian Blunt - Toontrack
    Quality Assurance
    Betatesting

Francesco Roda
    Participant

Thanx again Grandaddy

So all in all…….Will the TD-9 be a great kit to be play S2 thru??????

Can I utilise S2 to its full potential with it?

Peace…..T

Damian Blunt

Positional sensing is only a small part of the Superior 2 edrum experience.  Personally I think the TD-9 will be an excellent kit to trigger Superior 2 with.

Damian Blunt - Toontrack
    Quality Assurance
    Betatesting

Hakan Dolk
    Participant

Hi,

I can confirm that the TD-9 and Superior 2 works like a charm! I had some problem with the Hi-Hat setup at first (using a cy-5 and the FD-7 (foot controller), but that i solved now.

Mr. Dagger

hellforce
    Participant

Hey if you have a templates for the td-9kx and superior 2 i would really like to have it b`coz i cant get the damn hihat and some stuff to sound good

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.