TD-6 E-drum Module with FD-8 Foot controller pedal HiHat

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • mad_fobos
    Participant

Actually, what I think is that TD-6 module recognize only two hi-hat positions: closed and open, and FD-8 pedal set Foot Controller to 0 immediatelly after start pedal opening (and next move of pedal haven’t any effect). I made some test with Sonar and found, that it seems on true, because when I open and close pedal some times on about 3/4 it don’t change Foot controller value.

If it’s true, then I think it’s impossible to use 4 hi-hat position, which is bad of course 🙁 But I need at least to decrease Superrior sensivity by deleting open 1 and open 2 position and set open 3 position on Foot controller near 20. I.e. something like this:

Foot controller 20-127 – closed hi-hat
    Foot controller 0-20 – open hi-hat.

Maybe somebody other have any experience in use of TD-6 module with superrior drummer. I found here only about TD-12 and 20, but seems its have more good way of working with hi-hat.

Artyom Alexandrovich Eremeevskiy

Jason Runyon
    Participant

From what I have read about the FD-8, as well as my personal expericence with it, I would have to say that it is simply the pedal causing the issue.  Tons of people gripe that this pedal is not capable (without modification) of playing much more than the open and closed sounds, the nuances in between get lost because the pedal has such a narrow range of operation.

J

mad_fobos
    Participant

Thanks, JrummerJ. Than I guess all I can make is to disable in Superrior position between Closed and fully open and just replace its with closed position (i.e. Learn on open 1 and open 2 position as closed)…

Can you also advise me modification to FD-8 pedal or maybe fully another pedal wich will compatible with TD-6 module and will provide more then only closed and open position?

Thanks again.

Damian Blunt

The FD-7 is a much better pedal and can be picked up fairly cheap second hand

Damian Blunt - Toontrack
    Quality Assurance
    Betatesting

mad_fobos
    Participant

Thanks all. Than I think I need to buy new pedal.
    I have found on Roland site another pedal, which compatible with my TD-6V module. It’s VH-11.
    http://www.roland.com/products/en/_support/faq.cfm?iCncd=236&FAQ=EN05-08583&dsp=1&ln=en&prd=FD7

Anybody know about this pedal anything?

Damian Blunt

I use one…I think it’s fantastic!

Damian Blunt - Toontrack
    Quality Assurance
    Betatesting

mad_fobos
    Participant

http://www.toontrack.com/forum/showProfile.aspx?memid=435, do you use VH-11 with TD-6(V) module? As I founded, it work with TD-6 same as FD-8 pedal.
    Look here on comment under table:
    http://www.roland.com/products/en/_support/faq.cfm?iCncd=236&FAQ=EN05-08583&dsp=1&ln=en&prd=FD7

Damian Blunt

No,  I use the VH-11 with the TD-12….but I have heard lots of good reports about the VH-11 & TD-6 combination.

If you are still unsure do a search on http://www.vdrums.com there are lots of users there

Damian Blunt - Toontrack
    Quality Assurance
    Betatesting

mad_fobos
    Participant

Ok, thanks. WIll try this site to know exactly.

mad_fobos
    Participant

I’ve bought VH-11 some time ago, but have rest in playing on drums and haven’t change to test it. But for now I really confused, because I can’t get more then 2 sounds from using VH-11 and TD-6V module. Vh-11 provide me closed sound, and some open sound, also another sound if open hi-hat fast (realistic to natural). But I can’t get any different sound on intermediate positions (like half-open sound). I.e. for now it works nearly FD-8. I don’t sure is it something bad in my VH-11 or I doing something wrong.

Anyone have an advice?

Thanks.

John

Hi mad_fobos,

which exact version of Superior are you using?

I can’t find you among our registered users so I can’t make it out.

Best Regards,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

mad_fobos
    Participant

which exact version of Superior are you using?

I used Superior 2.0, which I have purchased near May 2008.
    You may find in users by email *EDIT LEVEL 2: EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED*

John

OK,

great, now I found you and have updated your Forum profile so you get proper Support access.

I can now see you have downloaded the 2.0.1 update today.
    If you use Superior 2.0.1 with Toontrack solo 1.1.1, and use the ‘E-drum’ MIDI controller preset, do you get better results?

BTW, please post in the Support Section now when you have access.

Best Regards,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

mad_fobos
    Participant

Hi, John.
    I didn’t understood which support you mean, in toontrack user area or somewhere on forum.

Btw, I downloaded ToonTrack Solo and tried with E-drum MIDI controller. And Hi-hat works great there, I was really happy.
    I use Sonar 6 with VST plugin, but I didn’t find where to set Midi controller there. I tried to learn hi-hat kid and in whole it works with 4 different sound, but it sound not so good as in ToonTrack Solo (sound is some descrete on half open positions). Toontrack Solo provides same sound if use Default Midi controller.

Thanks for you support.
    Artyom.

mad_fobos
    Participant

Also, is it possible to make mute sounds on crash or other cymbals? I.e kick and then mute by hand. I set in Sonar “Key Aftertouch” and “Channel AfterTouch”, but no effect. In Toontrack solo also impossible for me to make mute sound.

Artyom.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.