Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

TD 20 template to get high hats working ?anyone ?

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Damian Blunt

Once you have selected the e-drum MIDI preset you then need to select an appropriate pedal correction preset.  More closed curve 2 should do it.

Damian Blunt - Toontrack
    Quality Assurance
    Betatesting

norrie
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Damian
    Iv tryed the pre sets on that list there aswell but i just cant seem to get that closed sound with out applying my full weght to the pedal basicaly forceing the high hats to squeeze together tighter than they would normaly need to when playing anything

Norrie

Windows 7 (64 bit ) Intel I7 930 12GB OCZ Gold Sonar 8.5 Producer VS700r VS700c Superior 2 / MF/NY EZ mix Roland TD-20

Damian Blunt

Do you have your TD-20 hihat setup as default?  It may be worth trying to reset it.

Loosen the clutch on the top hihat so it sits on the bottom one.  On your module press ‘kit’ and ‘trigger’ together.  Now set your hihat with the desired gap and retighten the clutch.

I will also add that you need to use both the edrums and the pedal correction preset together for the hihat to work as desired.

Damian Blunt - Toontrack
    Quality Assurance
    Betatesting

rentadrummer
    Participant

I found that increasing the Hi Hat Offset from the one set automatically by the TD-20 also helps produce a tighter hi hat sound.

Press Trigger
    Press Hi Hat
    Raise Hi Hat Offset until you hear a tighter sound when striking the hi hat and the pedal is depressed

norrie
    Participant

Thanks to all for your help i finaly got it working today 😀

Just off to do a post about my next problem my metal foundry disk when I go to install it keeps comeing up Could not copy “Sl-Metal Foundry/eula.html from dvd.

I cant install ;(

Windows 7 (64 bit ) Intel I7 930 12GB OCZ Gold Sonar 8.5 Producer VS700r VS700c Superior 2 / MF/NY EZ mix Roland TD-20

gverbist
    Participant

this is a permission problem. I had it on my mac too. I had to authorize it to be able to install it.
    What you can also do is just copy the contents of the DVD to the correct location. That’s how I solved it. You will see that the folder structure is very straightforward so you should be able to figure out where to place the files.

Bist

Mike Pooley
    Participant

Hi There,

I’m a bit concerned that I don’t have a “PEDAL CORRECTION” option at all in my version of SD2.0!

Is this an add-on?

Or do I need to update (I only bought it this week but perhaps the disks are old…). If I do need to update, what’s the process to do this?

Thanks heaps everyone!

Cheers,
    Mike

Scott

Hi Mike,

You are definitely running a version of S2 other than the latest version (version 2.2.3 is the latest and just released last Thursday).

Log into your Toontrack account and navigate to your ‘My Products’ section and you should see your S2 product listed. There is an update section and you can download version 2.2.3 for your computer format (PC or Mac).

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.