selected EZXs.

Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Superior Drummer 3!!!

The Pub
Viewing 16 replies (of 16 total)
  • jokerone
    Participant

@lbro44 said:

Well one improvement that I would love to see in SD3 would be to have some form of the tap, tap, tap drum pattern search engine found in EZD2! I curse SD2x everytime I look for a drum pattern. I have 3 expansion packs and nearly every MIDI pack for Rock imaginable and more to sift. It takes me 2-3 hours to hunt and peck my way through that many drum tracks and variations looking for a suitable drum midi pattern or groove. How is it a lessor product they produce (EZD2) gets those kinds of features and SD2x folks are left waiting for years on a full major version upgrade? In addition improvements can be made to the effects as others have mentioned. I have not looked around lately but I imagine other software vendors have advanced the bar too and that should be looked for a similar inclusion to SD3. I would like to think Toontrack would want the income from a SD upgrade but if you think about it, the SDX expansion packs are probably cheaper to produce that a full blown upgrade to SD2x and they get nearly as much for the expansion packs as they do for SD. Additionally it would be nice to have a groove or drum pattern rating system and comments field in the Drum Groove area or tab. If that were searchable it could save countless hours looking for drum tracks and patterns that had already been reviewed by the user. Today I know of only one way to do this using SD2x. It is possible to rename and copy midi patterns into the User Libraries. By doing this one can organize and sort of catalog drum grooves, but it is laborious at best. To be honest I feel that for myself I might start looking around to see what the competition has to offer. This aspect alone should inspire Toontrack to produce a major SD2x upgrade so they don’t alienate customer and lose them.

Thanks,
    LB  

I agree 100 percent. There are many features in EZ2 that could be used in SD3. Jamstix 4.0 is due out soon, and it has some cool features use.

Viewing 16 replies (of 16 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.