Superior Drummer 3 Request – Ability to Mute Notes In the Grid Editor

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Martin Korkos
    Participant

Halo yes please.THIS FEATURE IS F U N D A M E N T A L.

Common guys.It must be very easy to add this feature.

Not to be able to mute notes is extremely frustrating.

Martin Müller
    Participant

+1! This is really needed!

LilithSlave
    Participant

I’m coming out of the woodwork. I came across an instance where being able to mute notes in the grid editor would’ve been nice, please add this.

Signed,

An avid Superior Drummer 3 user two years after the OG post.

Minho
    Participant

Indeed, the individual note mute function would be very appreciated. Thanks !

Jed2000
    Participant

It is fundamental… We really need it. Thanks!

Steffen Heilmann
    Participant

Absolut fundamental…i agree….can´t understand it is not already possible since day one…greets

PhilGDCT
    Participant

Well, this post has been running for 2 years now… any hope of this feature becoming reality? Muting notes in the grid editor is way past due.

As a work-around, I’ve been selecting the “diamond” notes in the Grid Editor, then, in the velocity window, drag the mouse over all of the now blue note velocities (which is easy to do, and you don’t have to change each note individually), and drag the velocities to zero. It’s not perfect, yet it does allow me to keep the notes in place on the grid editor, and listen without the (now muted) notes. This only works well if all of the velocities are the same though. For myself, this is better than deleting and adding notes.

Peter Lurye
    Participant

Well, this post has been running for 2 years now… any hope of this feature becoming reality? Muting notes in the grid editor is way past due.

As a work-around, I’ve been selecting the “diamond” notes in the Grid Editor, then, in the velocity window, drag the mouse over all of the now blue note velocities (which is easy to do, and you don’t have to change each note individually), and drag the velocities to zero. It’s not perfect, yet it does allow me to keep the notes in place on the grid editor, and listen without the (now muted) notes. This only works well if all of the velocities are the same though. For myself, this is better than deleting and adding notes.

• The post has been modified 3 years, 1 month ago by PhilGDCT"> 2 times, last modified 3 years, 1 month ago by PhilGDCT.

Interesting technique! The only issue I see is that it would make it hard to tell at a glance which notes you’ve “muted” this way. In any case, I still feel as strongly about this issue as when I first commented on it, in 2019. BTW your dates are not quite right—this thread was started at the end of 2017(!), so it’s been over three years since the original post. The clock is ticking… 🙂

Peter

• This post was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Peter Lurye.
    dreve
    Participant

I’m really surprised that after 2 years of very sincere requests for this feature that it’s still not added.  Y’all could have the best midi editor out there…..  So…. what’s the deal? Y’all smoking too much weed or something? lol

Participant

Hi there,

Initially surprised, then confused & now (after 3 years) kinda bemused that Toontrack still haven’t added this pretty little, yet fundamental workflow feature to the Grid Editor.

Am I missing something here or do you guys just not think it necessary or worthwhile?

Now look, I don’t mean to be rude & yes, I’m not a ‘coder’, but I’m afraid I honestly don’t understand why this hasn’t made the grade for an ‘update’.

To be able to ‘audition’ an event ‘in or out’ is for me absolutely crucial creatively!  Don’t we all do that when we’re actually playing?

Please please would you revisit this popular query & if your decision is to continue without this function then I’d be really grateful if you could share with us the philosophy behind it, or let us know if there’s already a method of doing this that we’ve not noticed or found?

Anyhoo, very many thanks for a tremendous product & best wishes

paul

Thanked by: dreve
    Martin Müller
    Participant

I’m waiting for this since SD3 came out…I thought the need was obvious.

Thanked by: dreve
    dreve
    Participant

I’m really surprised that after 2 years of very sincere requests for this feature that it’s still not added.  Y’all could have the best midi editor out there…..  So…. what’s the deal? Y’all smoking too much weed or something? lol

Just trying to be the squeeky wheel here for the lot of us who’ve begged for this feature to be added.  I’ll say it again.. This “could” be the BEST midi editor for drums ever made… if just this one very simple feature was added. Please Toontrack.  You’re SO incredibly gifted at making user-friendly music composing tools!  Please help us out here. “Mute Midi notes” is essential to trying out different drum rhythms on the fly! We have “mute” in the song builder…. Why not the grid editor? Again, I’m begging y’all.  Please add this.

NoBruno
    Participant

+1 for note mute.

rootbass
    Participant

I wanted to share a trick that I use, as it doesn’t seem like an additional request for note mute is going to do much good here haha

I just throw one element into the kit that I’m not going to use and leave the whole instrument muted. Then, I highlight the note(s) I want to mute and use the up or down arrow keys to move the selection to that muted channel without changing its location on the grid. Then you can easily move it back to the same spot on the original channel.

It’s a little more time consuming than being able to mute, but it’s still a pretty easy way to A/B ideas, like “Is it better with that extra kick hit in there?” (usually not ha)

Peter Lurye
    Participant

I wanted to share a trick that I use, as it doesn’t seem like an additional request for note mute is going to do much good here haha

I just throw one element into the kit that I’m not going to use and leave the whole instrument muted. Then, I highlight the note(s) I want to mute and use the up or down arrow keys to move the selection to that muted channel without changing its location on the grid. Then you can easily move it back to the same spot on the original channel.

It’s a little more time consuming than being able to mute, but it’s still a pretty easy way to A/B ideas, like “Is it better with that extra kick hit in there?” (usually not ha)

Clever partial work-around–thanks! Sadly, not quite a substitute for true muting. Let’s say your groove has 8 different hihat strokes, and you’ve dragged a few of them to the “dummy” instrument you mention. Now you want to drag them back. You have to remember which strokes you dragged away, which would certainly be beyond my memory skills, anyway. I must say it is DEEPLY aggravating that 3.2.5 was just released, and muting notes in the grid editor wasn’t added. Anyway, I appreciate the out-of-the-box (off-the-grid?) thinking…

PL

• This post was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Peter Lurye.
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.