Superior Drummer 3 question -is there a Reset Midi Devices feature like in SD2?

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Henrik
    Participant

In Settings / Audio/MIDI Setup… > MIDI Device, there is a Rescan button. Is that the one you are looking for?

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

David Mackey
    Participant

Hi Henrik, thank you for the response. That Rescan button doesn’t fix my situation. But i was able to find a solution, posting it here for posterity.

Original issue:
    1. SD3 is running, my Roland TD50 is connected. All is well.
    2. Turn off the Roland TD50 module, leave SD3 running. As expected, SD3 is disconnected from module.
    3. Turn TD50 back on. Switch back to running instance of SD3. Module is still disconnected.
    4. From SD3 menu | Settings | Audio Midi Setup | Rescan devices. After this, module is still disconnected.
    5. The original solution was to turn off / turn back on SD3. The connection between SD3 and TD50 would be re-established.

I found a simpler solution:
    I was routing audio from my Mac back into the TD50, so that i could use the headphone jacks on the roland module. When the module is power cycled (off, back on), the connection *can* be re-established by resetting the Audio Device (Settings | Audio Midi Setup | Audio Device) back to TD50. TO do this select TD50 and hit apply. Not sure if this is a software glitch, but it’s much less painful than restarting SD3 each time.

I still have a gripe about the ‘Save Project’ dialog that pops up constantly. Seems that it should be smart enough to know to not prompt if the file has not been modified. For example, if you configure everything and then use SD3 | File | Save as Default. Start and restart SD3. It immediately asks if you want to save the project before loading the defaults. Super strange!

Corey_26
    Participant

Someone help! I do not have a Audio/Midi Setup button in SD3 anywhere.

Scott

Someone help! I do not have a Audio/Midi Setup button in SD3 anywhere.

What version of S3 are you using? I don’t see any products registered to your account.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

NickHatfield
    Participant

Scott,

I have the same issue. I’m using the newest version I assume. I just bought it two days ago. When I open SD3 in Logic there is no Audio/MIDI settings option in the settings drop down menu.

Scott

Scott,

I have the same issue. I’m using the newest version I assume. I just bought it two days ago. When I open SD3 in Logic there is no Audio/MIDI settings option in the settings drop down menu.

When using S3 as a plugins inside a DAW, the audio and MIDI settings are set in the DAW and not the plugin.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

HarveyFennell
    Participant

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.