Soundcard for live TTsolo use on Lap top

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • MikeyVPT
    Participant

Sorry for the late post, but I’ve been using my ASIO4ALL with great success.  I’ve also just picked up a PreSonus Firebox.  Using it’s studio sound card has been awesome… and it’s got two outs, and a heck-of-a preamp!  Check it out… definitely worthwhile.

Hope that helps!  Good luck!

-mikey

President - Virtual Percussion Outlet (.com) Equipment: RET Percussion Fusion Pro-CX and Stealth kit, VPT system from RET (EZDrummer with all expansions AND Superior 2.0, BFD2 also), PreSonus FireBox, Pro-Mark Sticks. www.youtube.com/MikeyVPT

Hugh
    Participant

FWIW,  I use an  edirol pcr a30 (usb) and an emu 1616m (PCMCIA Cardbus) with ez drummer and e-drums and very low latency (64 buffers in solo) on my older hp laptop (2.4 athlon 64 3700 w/1.2 gb ram and 7200rpm hd).   Both work great.

Jason Runyon
    Participant

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately, there aren’t any Firewire interfaces that I have seen that have midi in and analog outs that don’t have some type of preamp/analog ins.  I am using the M-Audio Firewire 410 with a macbook pro, and it works great.  I have read some things about Dell laptops having issues with some interfaces when connected to their integrated firewire port.  If your laptop has an expresscard or PCMCIA slot then this can be overcome, but try it first on the integrated port.  Are you planning on recording with this setup in addition to live playing?  Any specific DAW you are using?  This might affect your choice of interfaces, I had to go with an M-Audio because I wanted to use Pro Tools (it just seemed easier since the guys in the band had PT-LE).

Some ones to try:

FW410 – people seem to be quite polarized on this unit, I am happy with mine.
    Firebox – a thought I remembered hearing people gripe about midi latency with this unit, and a quick google search kind of points that way, but I don’t own it and coudn’t tell you.
    Yamaha GO46 – Neverheard anything about it, but cheap and Yamaha usually makes good stuff.
    E-Mu – I’ve heard good things about these, too but never used them.
    There are a bunch of others too: Edirol, Tapco, Saffire, etc.

MikeyVPT
    Participant

I can say that I use the PreSonus Firebox daily… it’s great.  Especially if you need outs and pre-amps (which I do for live playing, and better control over sound)

The FB boasts Zero latency, which I will definitely confirm.

President - Virtual Percussion Outlet (.com) Equipment: RET Percussion Fusion Pro-CX and Stealth kit, VPT system from RET (EZDrummer with all expansions AND Superior 2.0, BFD2 also), PreSonus FireBox, Pro-Mark Sticks. www.youtube.com/MikeyVPT

drumkat
    Participant

There only on card thats note too expensive Indigo DJ from Echo about 189.00 PCmcia 24/96 bit 2 ins 4 outs mini pin connection comes with cables. Never ever had one fail in all the years they have been around!!! Good Luck

drumkat
    Participant

Indigo DJ 189.00 PCmcia card 24/96K 2ins 4 outs mini pin comes with cables

lajox
    Participant

@MikeyVPT:

Since I’m using a Notebook with onboard Chipset and Asio4all I’m also looking for a good interface without stuff I don’t need. Latency surely is an issue with all audiointerfaces, so I assume it’s <1ms? What are your ASIO settings here?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.