Songwriters Pack!

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • chris byrne
    Participant

I used to use sample loops in Garageband before switching to ez and this covers what I used to love about them. I think if you’re gonna use midi drums this is the way they should be laid out. Very nice! BTW, that’s a great shuffle from the demos.

Elvis Hodzic
    Participant

so finally we’ll get some well organized drum loops,
    i wish the metal foundry grooves were made the same way…

Tom
    Participant

Looks like Toontrack did it again: A broken link to the place where you can buy this. I can’t even find out what it costs.

Scott
    Tom
    Participant

Got a broken link againg the first time, the second time I came to Soundstore.se that I cannot see has this product. Tried myself going to Time + Space, but they haven’t got it either.

Mark Williams
    Participant

I haven’t heard of Ricard Nettermalm. Is he known for anything in particular outside Sweden?
    I’m sure he’s a good player, I just haven’t heard of him until now.

MBP 2.4 GHz | 4GB RAM | OSX 10.6.8 Logic Pro 9.1.5 | Metric Halo LIO-8/4P | Apogee ONE SD 2.3.0 | EZP 1.1.0 | Drumtracker 1.0.2

Juicy
    Participant

The cool thing is he seems like a really nice dude and a genuine talent .
    Have heard the demoes only but they feel rock solid.

youncester
    Participant

I got SP2 and pro tools 8.. I installed the drum pack but how do I get the loops to work with SP2.. I looked all over in my hard drive to find like a program. I cant find anywere I can just drag and drop the loops in pro tools. Basically… were can I find a freakin owners manual…

Whitten
    Participant

You’ll find a lot of stuff (including user guide) in your user download area.
    Download the latest version of Superior which features an integrated groove player.
    Also, you need to read the ‘Read Me’ at the top of the ‘General Question’ section of the forum…… AND fill out the ‘Additional Info’ part of your profile so people can help you with support.

bill52pa
    Participant

Hey Whitten,

I beg to differ, there is no manual or any kind of instructions appearing in my downloads area. It is ridiculous that there is nothing available. How can you expect the users to buy a product without even installation instructions? I’ve messed around with this for over a week now. Not impressed

Platinum Samples
    Participant

The manuals are available for download from:

http://www.toontrack.com/downloads.asp

They’re also available from inside the products through the help menu.

Rail

Professionally Recorded Multitrack Drum Samples
    http://tinyurl.com/26k2xjo
    www.platinumsamples.com

jjolaf
    Participant

Yes all of the suggestions are correct… and helped me as well, i might say.

When I open EzDrummer either with Solo or my DAW I see the songwriters pack in the list of grooves at the very top. You click on that to see the various sections of a song. It works great. If its not there you have to move the songwriters pack midi files into the ezdrummer midi folder.

There is no manual.

JJL
    iMac, MAC 10.6.1, Logic Pro 9; Garage Band 9, Cubase 6.5, Mackie ONYX 400f Preamp/Firewire Interface, 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor; 4GB 1066MHz RAM

Ale
    Participant

Hello!i’m new..

I was reading on the web of songwriters drumpack and i want to know more..
    Basically i need something to record my own songs with a drummer but i don’t want to make drum with midi keyboard.
    So does the songwriters pack has played drums that i can match togheter to build a song?do they match well?for example chorus with a tempo verse another tempo and bridge the same or another tempo with variation…does it do that?can i use it with protools?

thank you..be patient i’m not an expert,i’m a novice..

Scott

Hi Alessio.

Do you have EZdrummer or Superior Drummer? They provide the sounds for the Songwriters MIDI. Otherwise, the MIDI itself won’t produce any sound, it needs a drum sampler to make the sounds. The MIDI will tell the drum sampler what/when to play the correct drum kit pieces.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Martin

Hi Ale,

the Songwriters Drumpack includes MIDI grooves, played by a real drummer and with real feel. It contains around 15-20 songs, divided into Intro, Verse, Pre Chorus, Chorus, Bridge and Fills. Each song part contains around 3-4 variation, and the fills are 10-20 for each song.

The songs are recorded with an actual song in mind, so we’ve tried to keep that feel throughout the the MIDI grooves for each song. You can change the tempo in Pro Tools and the MIDI grooves will change thereafter. You can also of course change the beats however you like, for instance if you want to add additional kick drum kits och ghost notes on the snare.

We highly recommend you using it with Superior Drummer 2.0 or EZdrummer. It can be used without them, but you will just wind up with a bunch of strangely named folders and MIDI files.

Thanks,

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.