Sibelius?

Studio Corner
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • VOLiTiAN
    Participant

If you’re hearing the sounds being played back then superior is receiving MIDI so it’s there somewhere you just can’t see it. Most people edit the drums through a specific drum editor rather than a piano roll as you don’t need to worry about note length (more often than not the host will have a default editor), have you tried opening the drum editor, or putting the midi track on chnl 10 with an appropriate drum map loaded?

Regards

D.

www.myspace.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundclick.com/VOLiTiAN www.reverbnation.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundcloud.com/VOLiTiAN

frog
    Participant

Thanks for the help. I’m quite a newbie. What sort of drum editor do you mean? I can use Logic’s hyper editor to randomize the velocities, but only on the entire track – I can’t give different drums a different velocity range. What does channel 10 do for you?

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

I think what you mean is that you can’t edit the velocities of the individual kit pieces within a beat, only the beat itself?

Normally each DAW has a drum specific editor, maybe referred to as a drum roll editor? If you check your operation manual you should see what it’s referred to, I would set the midi output channel to “10” and double-click the actual midi part and see what editor comes up (channel 10 is the MIDI standard channel for drums, more often than not the host (DAW) will understand this and change certain parameters accordingly)

The whole idea is you should be able to view an entire segment (depending on where you’ve sliced) or indeed the whole track, and then be able to also view/edit the velocities graphically in real-time.

http://zonicweb.net/music/musictechnologydictionary.htm

Just a quick link to alot of terms used in music tech.

Regards

D.

www.myspace.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundclick.com/VOLiTiAN www.reverbnation.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundcloud.com/VOLiTiAN

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.