Setting up keyboard mod wheel for hi-hat control

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • John

Hi,

you are most likely not using the correct HatsTrig note then. Check the note assignments for the Trig notes and use them exclusively, not the separate articulation notes.

Best Regards,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Chad Prewett
    Participant

I’m having the exact same problem.

Using Reaper and EZDrummer, the mod wheel seems to immediately revert back to “closed” once I stop moving it. I can hear it affecting the hi-hat openness as long as I’m moving the mod wheel, but as soon as I stop moving it, it reverts back to the closed position.

I didn’t have this problem in Battery with this same MIDI controller, sequencer, and operating system.

Any further information on this issue?

John

@Tadpui:

Please post in the EZdrummer Help section.
    The answer remains the same; using mod wheel for opening and closing requires triggering the correct ‘Trig’ note. The regular articulations will not work properly.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Chad Prewett
    Participant

Just in case anybody stumbles across this post, MIDI note 18 is a hi-hat that can be controlled by the mod wheel, and it will retain the mod wheel’s setting even after the wheel has stopped moving. I posted this because my MIDI terminology isn’t strong enough to differentiate between a “trig note” and an individual note articulation. So I just couldn’t understand the trig note advice, no matter how many times I was told. Once I figured it out in terms of a particular MIDI note to map to the hihat, I got it working.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.