SDX comparison for metal/Rock which one do you like?

User demos
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • James Long
    Participant

I like the ny v3 myself. it has a beefier sound and fits what you are playing better, but that is just my opinion :) i would recommend made of metal ezx. i am using that one with the new metal machinery midi and getting some great results. thanks for the post!

MgCinema
    Participant

Yeah, I love NY Vol 3, the sound is very raw, but sometimes I feel that the kit is a little short or small. Im currently saing the money to put my hands on Metal Machinery SDX. Thanks for the comment!

You what?

Daniel Levey
    Participant

NY3 sounds best to me. I may have to get that one. Even for extreme metal is might fit well. Metal Machinery SDX hasn’t quite grabbed me to use yet, I wish Metal! Was made into an EZX instead.

Dan

http://www.REwireMusic.com

Olof Westman
    Forum Crew

I am not sure there is much point in comparing raw SDXs in
    a musical context. Most of what you will think of as the
    difference is just the difference in what the producer likes
    to ‘put on tape’.

Olof Westman - Toontrack
    Coder

Bryan Block
    Participant

In this demo, I also like the NY Vol 3 the best, but the Rock Warehouse kit comes in a close second.

To me, “Metal” and “Hard Rock” based kits put a lot of emphasis on the initial impact of the drum, and they sound very “splaty” and harsh to me in certain contexts. The NY kit sounds a little more dimensional, with the timbres of the drums themselves a little more present.

Just an opinion .02

Creativity is a Work Ethic.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.