Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

SD 2.0 – can’t hear triggered output through headphones

Studio Corner
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • VOLiTiAN
    Participant

Hi there,

Just out of interest if your soundcard/interface is Asio compatible you shouldn’t need asio4all as it’s usually used in place of older/unsupported chipsets etc, check with your card manufacturer, and also check to see if the motherboard has any specifics issues (if you’re using onboard USB/firewire to connect), you need to ensure plenty of head room on the CPU, (dual core min i would say, esp once you start processing) then after that drop the buffer to around 256k or 192k for about 3-4ms of latency which is normally fine when we’re tracking drums

I would put money on either specifically an ASIO issue, or a part of the system not having enough processing power.

On the note of the headphones, does your card have specific routing options outside of a DAW? might be worth looking into it’s own “monitoring” section, often routing for headphones, extra speakers is located there.

I’m going a bit blind, but hope that helps.

Kind regards

D.

www.myspace.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundclick.com/VOLiTiAN www.reverbnation.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundcloud.com/VOLiTiAN

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.