S2, still having problems getting the hi-hat to play realistically…

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 2 replies - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Damian Blunt

Hi

Go to the instrument pane (bottom right) > select ‘Hats’ from the Instrument dropdown > select ‘hatsCtrl’ from the articulation dropdown > below the articulation dropdown there is an ‘EDIT ARTICULATION ONLY’ button, press this >  Go to the ‘Voices and Layers’ Pane to the left of the Instrument Pane >  Reduce the ‘Hard’ value in the velocity ctrl until you hear tight hats.

You should be done…..Once you’ve done this I would save as a MIDI preset

Damian Blunt - Toontrack
    Quality Assurance
    Betatesting

Tim Newman
    Participant

ORIGINAL: grandaddy

Hi

Go to the instrument pane (bottom right) > select ‘Hats’ from the Instrument dropdown > select ‘hatsCtrl’ from the articulation dropdown > below the articulation dropdown there is an ‘EDIT ARTICULATION ONLY’ button, press this >  Go to the ‘Voices and Layers’ Pane to the left of the Instrument Pane >  Reduce the ‘Hard’ value in the velocity ctrl until you hear tight hats.

You should be done…..Once you’ve done this I would save as a MIDI preset

I tried this and voila!, success!
    Although, I think it changed the what I’m hearing in the hats in the open position, that I don’t care for.
    Oh well, I guess it’ll just take some tweaking/getting used to.
    🙂

PC: Desktop, M/B: Gigabyte P55A-UD3, O/S: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, Processor: Intel Quad Core i7-860 - 2.80 GHZ, HD: WD 500 GB 7200 RPM, MEMORY: OCZ Tech 4.00 GB DDR 3, - SOUND: M-Audio Delta 1010LT -- SUPERIOR DRUMMER 2.2.1, AND LOTS-O-EZX'S

Viewing 2 replies - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.