S2.0 Avatar Cymbal Velocities

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • John

Hi Chris,

have you tried playing with the Soft Velocity Ctrl Value in the Voices & Layers section?

Best Regards,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

livedrumstudio
    Participant

Thanks for the reply John.

I have played with the “Soft Velocity” but makes no difference. I am now thinking it may be the type of samples used in Avatar, they may not have captured light cymbal hits on the bow. This was the case in the original DFH but I had noticed the light hits captured in Custom in Vintage and was very impressed as this gave the kit a new dimension in playing the cymbals in a delicate arrangement.

Cheers,
    Chris

John

If you select the Ride and click on the Preview button (low for low velocity, high up for higher velocity) do you think that you can hear what you are after?
    Have you tried removing the Soft Layer Limits/increased voice limit?
    And do not forget you can do your edits per articulation only.

Best Regards,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

livedrumstudio
    Participant

Hi John,

Yes on the ride when playing low on the preview button I get light bow hits. On the crash cymbals it is a lighter hit but it is an edge hit. I was looking for a light bow hit on the crash cymbal bow. Do you think this is because in the articulation there is no bow or edge just only crash and mute? This is something the TD20 is capable of doing but cannot be note matched in Superior 2.

So in saying this have those types of hits been captured and are just not being triggered or have they not been captured at all?

Cheers,
    Chris

livedrumstudio
    Participant

Just loaded “Drummer” Au next to Superior 2 in Logic. I loaded a crash cymbal from Custom and Vintage in “Drummer” and the lighter hits are defiantly there without any tweaks on velocity etc. Actually even if you load a Custom and Vintage Crash as an X-drum you can here the lighter hits with no tweaks.

Must be in the capture for the Avatar kit which the light bow hits are not sampled.

Lets hope they are in the next Kit release.

Cheers,
    Chris

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.