S 2.0 – Wheres the Roland TD20 Keymap preset

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • John

Hi,

if you choose the ‘E-drum’ MIDI controller preset and tick ‘CC Offset’ in Toontrack solo, there shouldn’t be much assigning left.
    The assignments you do perform can of course be saved as your MIDI User preset.
    Please try it and write back here.
    MIDI Templates for use in S2.0 in other hosts are being worked on but without saying too much (I hope I don’t get a mental slapping) they are part of a grander scheme that will make it into an update.
    No ETA at this point, I’m afraid.

Best Regards,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

plink
    Participant

-EDIt- I don’t seem to have a ‘E-Drum’ midi controller preset…. IS this under the ‘Presets’ menu at the top, and then ‘Midi’ ??

-Edit2- Nevermind… I found it… there is some very strange latenecy issues in your toon track solo. There’s no lag in the plugin version inside Sonar. But I’m about 150 ms late in the solo app.

Ok… just so I understand then… I have to use ‘Toontrack Solo’, if I wish to play S2 with my TD20 kit?

Right now, I’m using S2.0 as a VST plugin in Sonar 6.2. I can play on the kit …but things like the hi-hat dont play correctly… it doesnt seem to be sensing the height of the open/close and such? Isn’t there a way to adjust this at least in the plugin portion of s2? It seems completely pointless if the only way I can properly use my kit is if I run Toontrack solo… I need this stuff to be running in the plugin, so I can use Sonar to do all the midi-recording and audio playback/track control, otherwise it’s useless to me.

It’s strange you guys arent doing this, as BFD2 (which I also own) has no problem handling that. I hate to say that too… because you guys have FAR BETTER samples, and the mixer and user interface of your software is also much better. It’s also faster as well, and bug free. BUT … not having the ability to properly use my TD20 Kit inside the plugin, renders all of this goodness inert.

You should quickly patch this… please don’t wait until your ‘big’ update to do this either. All these features really need to be in the plugin version of S2.

pimenta
    Participant

Just started messing around this morning …. when it comes to mapping it seems to me that … there is not much left to map.

Mapped my toms and cymbals .. since I use a set up with 6 toms and 8 cymbals … usually I would have to map it anyways …. I have BFD2 as well…. (do not wanna start a war this versus that) … but just posting a comparison from the user’s perspective:  its MIDI learn feature NEVER worked for me … mapping was a pain in the neck…  I still have constant freezing in the MIDI screen. I was glad this morning with SUperior . just to move forward with the mapping and have no issues at all.

Pim

4 year old Dell XPS 410 Intel® Core™2 E6700 4GB XP SP 2
    Sony Vaio Core Duo 2 P7450 6GB Windows 7 64 bit
    Roland Td20KX/SPD30
    Superior 2-all SDX /Ezdrummer couple of packs
    BFD2/BFD ECO/Addictive Drums

robertgeorge
    Participant

My sentiments exactly Plink. I need to use S2 in Nuendo and you said everything i have said in another e-mail to Toontrack. I’m disappointed because I really expected the kind of performance that the Namm show video displayed and I can’t get close to that even WITH Toontrack solo. I wish I could find out how Nir-Z pulled that off. He was using a TD-20. The pads are limited by the Brain and shouldn’t make that much difference from the Roland pad I would think.

The sounds are all great in S2 (except the hi hats – too dull) seems very stable and the room ambiance’s are brilliant but lest get the e-drum thing going!!!

www.robertgeorge.net

Damian Blunt

Try looking at the edrum section in the original dfhs manual available in the free downloads area.  There is no reason that you should not get decent performance with your TD-20

Damian Blunt - Toontrack
    Quality Assurance
    Betatesting

rentadrummer
    Participant

ORIGINAL: grandaddy

Try looking at the edrum section in the original dfhs manual available in the free downloads area.  There is no reason that you should not get decent performance with your TD-20

Do you have to own DFHS to have access to the manual? I don’t see it in the free downloads section and I’d be interested in reading that section as well.

John

rentadrummer,

please check under ‘Superior’, then ‘Edrums’.

Best Regards,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

John

plink,

you can try this for the Hihat response:
    Select the hatsCtrl articulation, check ‘Edit articulation only’, then play with the Velocity Ctrl values.
    If you get better results, don’t forget to save your MIDI preset.

Best Regards,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

plink
    Participant

Rammelt,

I have been playing with the software for a few hrs now, using the plugin version inside Sonar. (I messed around with Toontrack solo, but the only real difference I can tell is that you can select ‘e-drums’ from the menu…. still not sure why this isnt in the plugin)

Anyways, I’m only using the plugin version. I was able to get my hi-hat to respond to the height sensors… I’m noticing though, that the hi-hat is a little touchy / finicky. Things like playing the proper open / close sounds, and the smooth (realistic) blending of the samples. Also there needs to be a way to adjust the points when the closed to open samples play. (im aware the td20 has some control over this, but after 2 hrs of playing, it still wasn’t where I wanted it) So if there was a place to do this in the s2 software that would be great. Other than the hi-hat, everything else (snare, kick, toms, cymbols) are working and sounding fantastic. (I absolutely love the expressiveness)

You guys are close… but you still have some tweaking left. (hi-hat) But please continue to improve the E-Drum support and controls.

rentadrummer
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Rammelt

rentadrummer,

please check under ‘Superior’, then ‘Edrums’.

Best Regards,
    John

I knew that. I was just was testing you.

Thanks for the tip.

rentadrummer
    Participant

Okay. I downloaded the manual, and also saw that under HostStuff/MotuDP there’s something called DrumMaps. How are those used/loaded in Digital Performer, and are they only for DFHS, or can they also be used for EZDrummer, and S2, which is arriving Monday?

PW
    Participant

Has this td-20 mapping improved? I cannot get the hi hats to work,and I don’t see any way to load a preset.

plink
    Participant

If you use the Joe King setup it actually helps a lot and makes the hi-hat reasonably useable.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.