Roland TMC6 Trigger Midi/converter

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Damian Blunt

The TMC-6 is great and supports the 3 zone V-cymbal, its only downside is its limited inputs….if you can live with that then you’ll have no problems using it as a trigger to midi convertor.

Damian Blunt - Toontrack
    Quality Assurance
    Betatesting

Joe
    Participant

I use a TMC-6 (along with a TD-10) for triggering Superior Drummer. Speaking from personal experience and not on behalf of Toontrack:

The triggering from a TMC-6 is excellent.  It has all of the important trigger setup options that the TD-10 has, and one that it doesnt:  Setting a MIDI Channel for each trigger.

Essentially, the TMC-6 is the basic trigger section from a TD-8/10.  You are limited by the number of inputs in this model.  If you want to hook up 2 TMC-6’s for a total of 12 triggers, you’ll need a MIDI Merge (or 2 ports on your computer) as the TMC-6 does not support MIDI IN/THRU (though serializing the TMC-6 with another module that has full MIDI I/O works well).  Only one of the inputs (#2: Snare) support dual-zone triggering ability from a Mesh pad (piezo/peizo), though all inputs support dual zone using Piezo/Switch style pads (including Roland style cymbals and PD rubber pads.).  So, if you buy a full set of dual-trigger mesh pads, just know that with the TMC-6, only the one you hook up to input #2 will respond to rim hits.

Hope that helps.

Joe

rgdrummer
    Participant

Thanks JoeKing and grandaddy. I plan to use real cymbals, so my use would be limited to bass drum, snare, and toms. Again thanks for your wisdom and response to my inquiry.

David OConnor
    Participant

Bump to Grandaddy and Joe here. I use a TMC-6 with my TD12 and TD20 and it works very nicely with SD2. The triggering is just as good as my 12 and 20. 🙂

airdrummer44
    Participant

I’m hoping to use the TMC6 to expand my td 8 with Superior, but as my usual, I’m having trouble getting it to work.  I’m hoping to get the 3 zone ride and a couple of cymbals.

Lukalizer
    Participant

Hi,

We’re gonna play ”School of Rock The Musical” this autumn. I want to use EZ drummer sounds with a kit that looks like an acoustic one. What are my options, playing from a digital kit ”dressed” as an acoustic? Or should I use an acoustic kit with mesh heads w. triggers.
    I want low latency at a copeable cost.
    Any ideas?

• This post was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Lukalizer.
    BlueMistral
    Participant

isn’t the drummer in this type of shows out of sight/hidden 3 feet below the stage? in that case why do you want an acoustic looking kit?

Lukalizer
    Participant

The setup is for the kid who plays on stage in some parts of the show.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.