Roland TD3 vs. Alesis Trigger I/O brain and other ideas…

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • nirzfan
    Participant

Well, no one has replied… but, here’s some news if anyone cares–

I picked up a used TD6 V-Tour kit on ebay recently. I’ve owned this exact kit before, and I liked it (even though Roland can’t hold a candle to the capabilities of Superior 2.0, from what I’ve seen)…

Anyone use Superior 2.0 with a TD6? How’s the latency?

I am using an M-Audio Delta 44, setting it anywhere from 64 to 256 samples for basic sequencing. I don’t have any dropouts thus far.

Any luck with the TD-6V? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller…

Thanks, guys!

-Kris

Joe
    Participant

You won’t have to worry about the TD-6 being a factor for added latency.  Latency is going to be more of a factor of the computer Audio interface and drivers.  I wouldn’t anticipate there being a problem with M-Audio’s Delta line of cards.

Best Regards,

Joe

philippe capitani
    Participant

I use TD3 + Alesis Trigger IO and it work great with S2, i made my drum with piezzo on acoustic Pearl Traveler Gig Drum and Mesh heads.Trigger is for Toms/Rims, Ride Triple zone, Snare Piezzo 3 and some addons like cowbell etc… TD3 is for Snare/rim, bassdrum , cymbals, and Hihat, i use a midi usb for the TD3 and put in Trigger IO in TD3 or even i can use Trigger IO usb too . Very happy with this config but a bit long to setup, i’ve tested TD20 in some music shops and friends and i found it suxxx like hell

S2.0+C&V.Pearl Traveler Moded, Roland&Hart Magnum head drum. Roland&DIY Cymbals,FD8,TriggerIO+TD3. Macbook Pro SL. Drum.http://www.natarajxt.com/

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.