Roland TD-12 Rim and Cymbal Choke Setup

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • John

Hi,

first I need to ask if you are both using the E-drum option in Toontrack solo as well as a user preset?
    Because you only need to (and really should do so) load a MIDI Preset on the Mapping page.
    I also have a TD-12 (with a Hart Pro kit) and I just start with going to the Mapping page, selecting the E-drums MIDI Preset, then Learning the few hits that do not match – as the Floor Tom Rim.
    Check if you need to adjust anything else, like the HH response curve and then save this as your own MIDI Preset.
    Next time you fire up S2, be it in Toontrack solo or in a DAW, you only load your MIDI Preset and do not need to use the Toontrack solo E-drum controller option.

Loading other kit pieces in place should not affect your MIDI preset unless you load Combined Preset but then you have the option to not load the MIDI assignments.

Best Regards,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

jconsi
    Participant

Thanks John-

Yes, I created a “TD-12” user preset, but whenever I change kits, let’s say from Allaire to Vintage Drums, the preset needs to be selected again because it goes back to the default setting. Is there a way to make my “TD-12” user preset the default user preset? If not, that would be a great option to have in the preferences for future versions.

Also, should I leave the MIDI note numbers on the TD-12 in place and edit the note mapping in SD2.0 instead? I think that is the best option maybe?

So, if a cymbal crash is being triggered from my TD-12 floor tom rim, I should just map the floor tom rim ‘click’ sound to that floor tom rim in the SD2.0 mapping page?

Your help is greatly appreciated! 🙂

Thanks. -J

John

ORIGINAL: jconsi
    Is there a way to make my “TD-12” user preset the default user preset? If not, that would be a great option to have in the preferences for future versions.

No, that is not possible (at least not yet) but yes, I understand and it has been requested by other users.

Also, should I leave the MIDI note numbers on the TD-12 in place and edit the note mapping in SD2.0 instead? I think that is the best option maybe?

I think so, yes.

So, if a cymbal crash is being triggered from my TD-12 floor tom rim, I should just map the floor tom rim ‘click’ sound to that floor tom rim in the SD2.0 mapping page?

Yes, Floor Tom Rim Only or the Floor Tom Rimshot.

Best Regards,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

jconsi
    Participant

Thanks John.

Strange… I can’t seem to find the “floor tom rim only” sound.

I found the snare one.

Does each tom tom have it own ‘rim only’ sample?

Thanks.

-Jeff

John

Jeff,

please download and run the Sound Library Updater.

Best Regards,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.