Rock!

User demos
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • onewayout_1
    Participant

Wow really NICE!! I put this on and was doing some things in the house and I thought I was listening to the radio circa 1980! (-:

One little critique I would roll off some 100hz and or 400hz on the guitar just right there where the vocal comes in..it seems to crowd the voice intro…But its a cool mix otherwise guys!!

Cheers, jeff

Juicy
    Participant

Production and mix sound nice,wide. Great work.
    Like to know what some sounds are as Tweaked up well its a bit hard to spot.
    Is it one of the New Ezy Packs for drums?

Torbjörn
    Participant

@juicy said:
    Production and mix sound nice,wide. Great work.
    Like to know what some sounds are as Tweaked up well its a bit hard to spot.
    Is it one of the New Ezy Packs for drums?  

Hi,

Thank you!
    Drums are built on the “modern kit” from EZ Drummer 2, but I pulled down the plug-in’s built-in reverb to zero. Instead I used the EMT 140 plate reverb emulation from Universal Audio with some pre-delay on the snare. For the drum-bus in general I applied a slight reverb effect also with the EMT but adjusted its filter in order not to get too much reverb on the kick drum. To get (a lot) more “dirtiness” and bite (the idea here was for the drum kit to have the leading role, rather than the guitar, on the verse riff) I made extensive use of compression, both on the drum-bus in general and in particular on the snare. Compression on the snare was, if I remember correctly, made with Logic X’s built in VCA style compressor and for the kit as a whole I believe I used the 1176 emulation. A lot of fiddling and tweaking later, I came up with this sound that I loved. 🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.