Review my Alternative song with Superior Drummer & I will return the favor!

User demos
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • notstewart
    Participant

Hey Aaron,
    I enjoyed the song; it kept my attention throughout with the many changes. The second vocal coming in seemed a bit odd at first listen, but I was fine with it on the second run through. The only thing that seemed a bit out of place to me (and maybe you were aiming for this), was there is a build up at the end and then it just abruptly ends. I was expecting maybe a delay fading off or something, but that’s just me. Other than that I liked it (and some of your other songs also). Your mixing sounds good too (which I suck at).

Paul

Samplitude Pro X3 Suite, SD 3, Tascam UH7000

CHRIS
    Participant

notstewart,
    Thank you for listening & commenting! I reviewed a couple of your tunes to return the favor. 🙂

https://www.soundclick.com/aaronaardvark

Cubase 10.5, iMac OSX 10.15.7, memory 8GB, Steinberg UR22 mkII interface

notstewart
    Participant

Hi Aaron,
    I listened to “Down the Avenue” a few times and really like it!! To me the song would not be out of place on a David Bryne or David Bowie record. I just kept thinking this guy is light years ahead of me as a musician and songwriter. The mixing is professional in my opinion, there is allot going on, but everything is clear and well separated. I think the song would work quite well in a movie soundtrack.

I’m glad I checked it out…and man you have allot of songs!

Paul

Samplitude Pro X3 Suite, SD 3, Tascam UH7000

CHRIS
    Participant

notstewart,
    Thank you very much! Yes, at times Bowie and the Talking Heads have been influences. By the way, bassist Tony Levin (who has played for David Bowie and many others), and the Tom Tom Club (Talking Heads bassist & drummer) have played at the Key Club before in Hollywood. I played there a long time ago when it was called Gazzarri’s.

https://www.soundclick.com/aaronaardvark

Cubase 10.5, iMac OSX 10.15.7, memory 8GB, Steinberg UR22 mkII interface

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.