Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Reverb plug-in with algoritms that matches Superior Drummer rooms

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 10 replies - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • VOLiTiAN
    Participant

I mean, you are going back through your old posts in this thread and amending them to reflect a different light of how you behaved.

It’s a very shady approach and frankly. I’d like this thread locked so no further changes can be made or worst case scenario deleted.

www.myspace.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundclick.com/VOLiTiAN www.reverbnation.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundcloud.com/VOLiTiAN

Juicy
    Participant

I havd the previous post still opened and changed/added on the end and the resaved it ,is that what you mean?
    Have not ,cannot changed a previous post from yesterday or this early morning,that is not true i can assure you, Yes maybe that could be verified by some other admin.Im got no hidden agenda ,this is a bit nasty now.

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

Nonsense, you can edit any post and at any time, and today you have modified several posts that have been up on the thread a few days.

You need to seriously re-address your approach on etiquette, I’m genuinely shocked at your behaviour.

www.myspace.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundclick.com/VOLiTiAN www.reverbnation.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundcloud.com/VOLiTiAN

Juicy
    Participant

No,Thats not correct.But i understanding now
    I do have a bad habit of sending something and then finishing it off further and that and only that ,i seen as a change but its the current post i am on here at the time.My post writing is not quick now on wrong arm and this browser times out on.Not sure here
    Not that clever i have seen you answer me before i finish so thet must be inbetween and took away a bad comment becuz not needd
    I must admit i am go very sloow an sleepy from real medicine and need to take your advice , i stand by comment i have made i am sure you do too.Its kind of not what we are about here
    I cannot argue with you any further ,You Are VOLITION giving me some thing to focus and take mind faway.

Juicy
    Participant

add>
    my apologies to you.

Marius Irgens
    Participant

Wow, this is like a thread gone bad. I actually thought there were lots of people interested in this subject, and looked forward to reading the answers. Guess I was wrong.

Juicy
    Participant

Thats my fault-apparently.
    This my answer to U.Wish TT would have the IR’s too.I am biased and considering getting this below>

Altiverb by AudioEase is now at Altiverb 7 and is stunning ,
    One of the sampled rooms is Allaire studios (now Gone) same used on one of Toontracks.
    This video at the bottom of the page is amazing>>>>

http://www.awave.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=4442&osCsid=daaa0f81b527b7db7af72332858c6e28
    at 6minutes youll see Allaire Studios/ Shokan NewYork

Juicy
    Participant

I wish they had separate IR’s from all sessions available too is what i mean to say.

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

Juicy, your apology, if it was intended to me directly, is kindly accepted, and my apologies to yourself or others on this thread for causing any kind of negativity.

My absolute last post about this matter, now back on topic.

Does toontrack compress the files prior to release? if so perhaps the best thing (just for the sake of being anal about the process) would be to at least get an *original* file of the sticks etc in order to make the IR? Or am I way off base on that one?

Regards

D.

drecch
    Participant

I did this for the purpose of being able to pull in X-Drums from other libraries (ie, snare drum from C&V into a kit from Allaire) and get them to gel all in the same room. This will work for you as well. It’s not perfect but should help.

First, you need a impulse response sampling program. I use the one that came with my Mac. Not sure what there is for PC out there but there’s gotta be a free one.

Load up one of your Superior Kits. Solo one of the room/ambient mic channels (whatever gives you the room sound you desire to ‘model’). To be most realistic, you should do this invidividually with all room/overhead mics (anything that has “room” in it).

Play a rim click or stick click at max velocity. Record/bounce that output.

Now you have an audio clip of a very roomy rim click… Throw that through a deconvolution app and BAM, you now have an IR of the Superior room. I found the rim click is the best to use to “shoot” the room, but try other instruments to see if you get better results. As long as your deconvolution program is able to get rid of the rim click sample, you should be good.
    Get it?

Viewing 10 replies - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.