Reverb plug-in with algoritms that matches Superior Drummer rooms

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • VOLiTiAN
    Participant

Good luck finding IR’s one of the rooms that the kits was recorded in, no longer exists, have you tried the acoustic.net impulses? about 5gig of IR’s…

www.myspace.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundclick.com/VOLiTiAN www.reverbnation.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundcloud.com/VOLiTiAN

Marius Irgens
    Participant

But you can make IR with sampled material? They probably have some click sounds from each room, and if not, they could probably just use a sidestick sample?With a little tweaking, good to go 😉

Juicy
    Participant

Altiverb by AudioEase is now at Altiverb 7 and is stunning ,
    One of the sampled rooms is Allaire studios (now Gone) same used on one of Toontracks.
    This video at the bottom of the page is amazing>>>>

http://www.awave.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=4442&osCsid=daaa0f81b527b7db7af72332858c6e28
    at 6minutes youll see Allaire Studios/ Shokan NewYork

You should hear some of the sound stages and concert halls i am going to get this plug in because it is Spectacular.

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

Inherently, wouldn’t you dry out the drums completely? Then setup your own space using a aux send ‘verb. You’d inherently avoid issues that would crop up when mixing and mastering multiple reverbs e.g. phase alignment, different decay times etc.

Ideally the fixed component is things like the toms. Surely the “correct way” would be to sample the room you’re currently recording the overheads in, and then apply that to superior drummer?

Juicy, I watched the vid etc and aside from that user (n00b) friendly UI in the new Altiverb, I’m still struggling to find what this offers over and above Voxengo Pristine Space, Waves IR-1 etc or is it just a workflow thing with CPU optimisations?

The only prob you’d have with the sidestick sample and editing it, is you’d inherently affect the tone of the IR when captured?

Unless you have a reverse engineering process for that?

www.myspace.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundclick.com/VOLiTiAN www.reverbnation.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundcloud.com/VOLiTiAN

Juicy
    Participant

Mate these guys were there at the very start of IR’s and Convolution Reverb and they usually use a Sine Sweep,either way ,a sweep or a pistol they know how it works.
    Use your ears and listen surely you can hear excellence if its in front of you.
    Waves and Wup ?? No thanks ,i like the way AudioEase release new IR’s too, every month for Free to there loyal users.
    All i know is any time i have used this plug it is the most incredible lush reverb i have ever heard and i’m not getting into a convolution Verb shootout here.
    It absolutely creams my own Logic Studio Convolution for Depth ,Character and Realness.
    I have worked with/owned Lexicon’s 480L and AMX,real Plates so i’m used too using”good” Verbs.

They did Allaire studios as they saw the same potential as TT did,perhaps the marketing potential too not only the Historic Value,anyhow at least its availableand answers the original question.

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

I guess I just feel that alot of what people often refer to as a “nice reverb” is normally nothing more than some false highs added on top for that more pristine sound blah blah, as as such, aside from the obvious customer support and free IR’s (you can get thousands for free on the ‘net) I’m failing to see how convoluted a reverb can be (or reverb processor/IR loader) 😛

Sure, they seem to be very faithful representation’s of the environment from which they were rendered, but what differs altiverb as an engine?

See if I can explain myself.

If I took one EQ from one manufacturer and one from another, the chances are it’s because I needed an EQ, however my choice would be based on the set of operations it can perform over and above the rest for my given project, maybe I need a surgical EQ or maybe one that can handle a rediculous range, either way I’d pick one for a certain task.

With atliverb and others, they are simply an IR loader, if I had the library or the IR I wanted, why choose altiverb, I don’t see them doing anything different from the competition.

and funnily enough, the first question he asked was about how to make and IR from sampled material, the first post was actually just a series of statements, I had to re-read it like 3 times lol

Cheers Juicy, not looking to get anyone’s backs up, you just seem to be a big fan, it looks like a nice product, but as always there’s gotta be a good reason for us to front the cash.

Juicy
    Participant

There plenty of freebie IR’s but to me these are generally more lush and simply of a higher Quality.
    You really should check all the movies.

Its funny you mention the ” nice verb / False highs bit because they built that onto there engine so you can add that fizz if you or your client needs to take a warm space and push it in that silly direction.Nice when it’s needed.
    Thats just one little thing more than mere loader.
    Talking about loading , the File management and compare function surpass other loaders you mentioned too.

Have you heard their take on “placement” within a space,to be able to place someone forward or back or rearrange positions on a stage rather than simple dry/wet and panning amounts ,perhaps its a gimmick but what i heard and saw seemed fresh and modern.
    I seem like a fan ?,yes i guess i like the way they think and it is my choice not a sell.

My main point was a room Sample of Allaire does exist even though you thought it wouldn’t and that my friend is a fact.

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

Okay Juicy, i sense a small amount of tension so I’ll tread carefully, I’ve already checked all the movies, what I’d like to know if If you can automate the positioning i.e. X/Y axis equals L->R and F->B etc.?

the file management system does look nice, but it’s more about function than form for us, hence delving into the details.

Just for the record I wasn’t saying you were a “fanboy” (I get the feeling you think I was implying it), but rather you seemed to be a fan of their product, and as such I’m genuinely interested in your opinions, plus it helps to play devils advocate once in a while if nothing else just to get the facts.

And while I appreciate that the allaire room is available, yes fact, however it’s not necessarily exactly the same as the superior sampled room and I just figured it would potentially be tough to find it, I certainly didn’t say it wouldn’t exist 😉

I still feel the OP should not be mixing ‘verbs and instead dry out the mix entirely and add his/her/their own complete room solution whether that be from a reconstituted IR made from a rimshot sample, or a pre-made IR from a library, it just doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to overlap.

Once again Juicy, I do appreciate your input, perhaps grab that cuppa and a ciggy, and take a moment cos no-ones on ya case 🙂

Regards

D.

Juicy
    Participant

Don’t Smoke I like breathing too much,leave that to you.
    If you quit smoking for a month or 2 you could buy this kit instead of the need for dissing it.
    But you may need to drink heaps of tea.

1. Im not needing to give “you” a good reason to front the cash.
    2. Lets Leave people their own informed choice rather Plying the forum your cleverly worded opinion.
    Surely to say hey check this out is no way like what your doing.let people make up their own minds.
    Thats the only thing that gets me annoyed.

Automate the Positioning ?,you cant automate anything in SD2 at all,Mmm…
    Do you want your minstrels swirling around the stage ,just placing them on a real dimensional stage like an orchestra is not quite good enough for your approval.
    Or its nothing new” enough or special right.
    If i felt need for ,let’s say an acoustic Gtr to walk to the front for his solo and could not automate it i would just
    record the result i want for that moment or open another instance for that instrument and particular section.
    Yes the file functions are very well thought out and are simply functions with nice form.

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

Honestly, it’s like conversing with a child. All I wanted was some information from a fellow musician/producer/whatever about a product they’re recommending. I couldn’t have been more polite if I’d tried.

The automated positioning was because we got a request from one of our customers and they were talking about making the sound source continually move as part of an effect they were trying to create in their music.

Seeing as decorum seems to be out of the window, I would suggest you order some salsa to go with that rather large chip on your shoulder, because frankly you’re now coming across as quite the berk.

Many thanks for your input, and all the best with your social skills.

Juicy
    Participant

You need a smoke Captain and a cuppa,I have no chip against unbiased normal argument.
    I think the original thought is quite valid and my answer was simple ,no harm meant.
    See the results of negativity once again is so un-needed.,Thanks for your input too.

Regards.

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

What isn’t particularly clever is now amending your posts post-facto to display a different light, can we now have some moderation please?

Juicy
    Participant

I am typing this in from hospital and it is painful i give you that,I am not changing my thoughts or meaning at all just finishing it and editing it,as stated no harm meant,I am gettin sleepy again will check it

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

Oh please, you’re deliberately going back and changing comments from the past which incited my trepidation, like with any forum, the idea is to read before you post.

Either way, what you’re doing is very underhanded and I’d like this thread either locked or deleted please.

Better get your final edits in quick Juicy.

Juicy
    Participant

What do you mean ?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.