Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Today only – 40% off 18
selected EZXs.

Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Reggae – which EZX kit

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 13 replies - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • jscomposer
    Participant

Worthy bump. I’m really surprised that in all this time there’s still no proper reggae/ska kit. It’s a no-brainer. C’mon, guys.

Henry
    Participant

and one more +1
    At least a MIDI pack would really be great, maybe even covering some Steward Copeland/Police kinda playing.

And how about providing some kinda Signature series MIDI from Ringo, Porcarro, Gadd etc…

stay tuned... Henry

Jay Coover
    Participant

Oddgrooves has some Reggae MIDI mapped for TT. There are some audio clips and if you look around a free sampler MIDI pack.
    http://www.oddgrooves.com/loop-shop/reggae-drum-loops/

The pieces and especially the ringy snares in Roots are good for Reggae. You know, Roots Rock Reggae…Listen reggae music…

There are so many different types of reggae drum sounds though. Depends on what you want. Like when you say “rock” drums. So many different things come to mind.

For reggae, I think fairly small kit, tight kick and ringy snare, prominent hihat.

SD 2.3 NY vol 2/Metal Foundry/C & V/Roots 1 & 2/Music City Latin Percussion/Funkmasters/The Classic/Jazz/Pop!/#1 Hits/Electronic/Twisted/Claustrophobic EZKeys 1.1 with all the trimmings

Jason Hood
    Participant

Could it be done like the Koloss preset? Use C&V as the base samples augmented with custom samples (hello ringy snares, tight punchy kicks). C&V makes a great donor with the damped options for old school studio one style ( the classic 4 mic set up would be handy too). Would also need tape saturation, tape delay, gated reverb/echo chamber channels.
    I think an EZX might be a bit too one size fits all for such diverse genre.
    Count me in WHEN you get around to releasing it.

Nathan
    Participant

The Koloss samples were just that: isolated samples, used for “sample stacking” -no bleeds, no ambients, etc. I think maybe TT will reserve the “Koloss method” for stuff like that instead of whole instruments (close mics, bleeds, overheads, ambients, etc).

I know it’s nice for someone to do all the work for you, and I get as excited as anybody when new TT sounds are released, but you might have all the stuff you need for the sound you want.

Is this an “acceptable” reggae sound? Much of the snare is sidestick, but contains straight hits and rimshots too:

http://www.planetnine.org/reaperpix/reggae_groove_check_CV+MF_snare.mp3

Snare “ringy” enough?

>

SD2.3, NYII, C&V, MC, MF, ED, Latin Perc, Twisted, Pop, N1H, Electronic, Classic, Funkmasters, Rock Solid, Blues, Indie-Folk.

PATRICK.GRAHAM
    Participant

For all those who want the authentic dub kits,look at BFD2, (Two preset kits that are superb, i use them all the time) i also have EZDRUMMER & SD2 & Wish Toontrack would do a Reggae EZX, but until then BFD2,With ‘GROOVEMONKEY’S WORLD MIDI’S would be my best bet.

PATRICK.GRAHAM
    Participant

http://soundcloud.com/reddust/blacktree-dub-alibi-dub

The Above link is a track i did with BFD2, with the preset ‘Dub Wonderland’ (Fantastic for Steppers Ect), just to give you an idea of what can be done.

Juicy
    Participant

Yes That sits very well Pat.
    I dont think Ppl want everything done for them, for variation’s sake alone,How much more rock and metal do we need ?
    In these days with EZKeys and all the EZMix’s and Producer Packs doing nearly everything for Ppl anyway ,who is counting, why not a bit of love and dedicated effort for this Genre too.?
    With so much in the Trad and newer Reggae , Ska, Dancehall, Dub, The midi alone if done half right would be educational.
    Sure Groove monkeys do some but we are Here talking to TT.

PATRICK.GRAHAM
    Participant

Hi J , I Think Your Right, TT Need To Do An EZX,or Midi For Reggae, its just such a brilliant Genre & Am sure it would sell well,on a side note i emailed Groovemonkee A few months back about doing a dedicated Reggae midi pack & they said they have it in the pipeline as quite alot of ppl have requested it
    & i for one cant wait, Groovemonkee do some brilliant packs so they should do the Genre justice.

Juicy
    Participant

I am not saying we cant use sounds we already have either.Roots is a good Candidate too.

No doubt it would be hard to cover every aspect of this genre from Crusty dry distorted raw sounds to clean pumping, then wet Dubby stuff and high lights, if they could fuse it all, it be major Master Blaster.
    Platinum Sample has also released a Reggae Midi Pack <

Time will tell .

wagzisnotadrummer
    Participant

http://www.platinumsamples.com/ps/RealReggae.php

http://soundcloud.com/blackdaddywarbuxxx

Jay Coover
    Participant

Thanks for the tip wagz, just picked up that Reggae MIDI along with the Latin MIDI. My quick assessment, the Platinum Samples Reggae MIDI is a little more comprehensive than the Oddgrooves Reggae MIDI, but there isn’t so much overlap that it’s not worth having both. Fairly different takes between the two libraries on the Reggae genre.

I’m glad I have both, but if I had to pick only one it would be the Platinum Samples MIDI.

FYI – the Platinum Samples Reggae MIDI also comes with a combined preset for both the Avatar and the EZDrummer Pop/Rock kit. Tried it out and it was OK, but I’d probably be more inclined to roll my own…which would be apropos for the genre, eh?

fizbin

SD 2.3 NY vol 2/Metal Foundry/C & V/Roots 1 & 2/Music City Latin Percussion/Funkmasters/The Classic/Jazz/Pop!/#1 Hits/Electronic/Twisted/Claustrophobic EZKeys 1.1 with all the trimmings

MarTAY
    Participant

Yea… TOONTRACK- we want REGGAE BEATS …. Please. This music is a must… Bob Marley was… and is LEGEND – ALIVE AND WELL !

Viewing 13 replies - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.