Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Today only – 40% off 18
selected EZXs.

Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Reggae – which EZX kit

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Catzzzpaws
    Participant

I chime in here! Would very much like to find a dedicated EZX-Set in the future. But until then: has anyone nailed a roots-reggae-setup in Superior?

Andreas
    Participant

Good feedback. Thank you!

a

atljogger
    Participant

Yea, a reggae/roots combined with ska/punk EZX (which Ive see requested in past).  You’ve got at least one buyer.  

greenkidd
    Participant

Yes, a Reggae set would be great!

Atomicplayboy
    Participant

A great opportunity to work on some cool new FX….
    *goes to break out the redstripe and king tubby albums*

I am not an atomic playboy.

billybk1
    Participant

ORIGINAL: atljogger

Yea, a reggae/roots combined with ska/punk EZX (which Ive see requested in past).  You’ve got at least one buyer.  

Yes, +1 on that!

On the road to Sonic Nirvanna

Spectacle
    Participant

To answer the original post and purpose of this thread: For the harder-hitting, more modern ska-type stuff, I’d suggest going through the Avatar sounds that come with Sup 2.0. For more traditional reggae sounds, either C&V or vintage rock (or even Funkmasters). In each case supplemented by the EZX Latin Percussion on x-pads.

Juicy
    Participant

And to answer further no ,no reggae type midi files.

The “Jazz” kits leedy snare and 2nd kick drum option would sound fine in a reggae mix.
    If your in any ways midi savvy,some minor reprogramming or even
    SD2’s midi stealing could replace the snare with a kick,maybe double it with the side stick rim,even with old midi files your half way there ,then just play some snare/cymbal accents.

Basically>
    no kick on 1&3 and instead of snare on 2&4 you have your kick drum with side stick.The hats should be still as they were.And use snare only for syncopated accents.

This is basic form but still a strong reggae rhythm.

keithl
    Participant

Definitely…if going for traditional, I second either C&V/Vintage Rock or Funkmasters.
    They would definitely nail it.

Pro Tools 9, WinXP,Athlon 4800, 4 gig memory, ALL Toontrack products(!)

Pete
    Participant

Hi and thanks! I’m brand new to EZDrummer just got it + the Nashville set.
    Please add me to this list of users who would buy a Reggae “Expansion pack” in an instant, Toots & The Maytals, Rocksteady, Studio One/Trojan, Sly & Robbie etc… is something like this is in the works or already available somewhere?

Martin Ketzer
    Participant

Yeah, add me to the reggae-kit as well…

Hm.. how about some Chad Sexton (311) MIDI-Collection? The guy grooves as hell!!!

Coryd
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Martin Ketzer

Yeah, add me to the reggae-kit as well…

Hm.. how about some Chad Sexton (311) MIDI-Collection? The guy grooves as hell!!!

+1

or make an EZX or SDX of his kit!!!

I would totally purchase a Dub/Reggae Expansion!!!!

I’ve recorded on reggae track using the Avatar kit and got pretty good results with it.

S2.3 NY Vol 2/Music City/Metal Foundry/Evil Drums/dfh Superior Claustrophobic/Electronic/Twisted Kit/Metal Machine

Donald Barker
    Participant

Well, I’ll jump on the pile too. A few years ago, when I became a Loony-Toontrack user, I sent an email asking (requesting) a Reggae drum pack. I was informed there were none. So, I would be very much in favor of such a collection. I’d have to say that what would be most valuable to me, at this point, would be a quality collection of MIDI drum grooves/files assembled in a World Collection. At this point I’ve got a butt load of drum samples. Heck, you can replace any sound with another. What I want is the “GROOVE” and that’s where a well tracked MIDI file is so useful—for us “non-drummers” that is.

danoan522
    Participant

I would be a buyer to a reggae pack on instant! as a matter of fact, I got here, because I was googling for a reggae expansion pack to purchase.

Oli Poulsen
    Participant

A midi pack maybe with a few mixer presets, would easily make for a great Reggae pack.
    The sounds are not very hard to sculpt from many of the existing kits.

Pro Tools 10 HD3 MacPro Quad 2.66 OSX 6.8 DTXtreme III special All S2.0 packs iMac 27 3.4 i7 OSX 8.2 Pro Tools 10 HD

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.