R.A.F. – (90s post-punk song using Metal Machine)

User demos
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Jesper Borsch
    Participant

hey man.. the tune sounds sweet.
    nice balance on the guitars.
    i do feel the drums where a bit week and could need to be lifted higher in the mix and ad a bit depth/punch on the Kick.
    /Airhead

Kip Count
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Airhead

hey man.. the tune sounds sweet.
    nice balance on the guitars.
    i do feel the drums where a bit week and could need to be lifted higher in the mix and ad a bit depth/punch on the Kick.
    /Airhead

Yeah, I had a number of mixes where I was doing a balancing act with both those things. One mix in particular the snare was way to loud and I think it scared me off. Haha. But I do think it though it sounds good, it is slightly buried. At least some of it’s sound is. Kicks I’m always wary of. I usually hate too much kick, I wanna feel it and slightly hear it, but too much and my ears zero in on it too much. But I’ll definitely take your suggestions.

I am a guitarist first and foremost so I’m not surprised the guitars turned out the best. They were fighting me a lot, but I finally got the rhythm guitars to sit nice and present themselves pretty well.

Thanks for the input! I’ve been playing music for over 20 years, but my recording engineer hat has always been a part time thing and I’ve only recently decided to try to actually record well, and not just play and write well.

Mac Mini M1 | Studio One 6 | PreSonus 68c | EZD3

Juicy
    Participant

Great Gtr and great to put some music with your name ,Nice work.Perhaps the vocal up a smidge too,
    I think in this setting the drum blend is sort of fitting,subtlety would be the rule
    Dont want like the Beatles meets Rihanna kick drum.As a ref i would maybe listen to some ColdPlay’s Paradise for mix.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.