Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

question about presets in the new ez2

EZmix Pre-sales
Viewing 8 replies - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Kip Count
    Participant

Perhaps Toontrack could sell instrument specific preset packs as well as genre specific packs? A ‘Vocal’ pack or ‘drum’ pack?

This idea I like. In fact I LOVE this idea. It would definitely clear some of the muddiness away from describing the packs and what’s in them. And I think most end users know what sources they want to apply EZmix too. An assortment is nice, but source focused packs is an awesome idea.

Mac Mini M1 | Studio One 6 | PreSonus 68c | EZD3

EZ-Hasse
    Participant

You can’t use several instances in standalone mode. I still think it would be a splendid idea to be able to add some delay/reverb to those amazing dry presets when using it outside a daw.

Still just a few thoughts from a guy who prefer spending time on playing guitar instead of tweaking.

Scott

I like the idea a lot. Perhaps TT could add a universal ‘reverb’ knob for whenever an amp preset was selected. Similar to the input/output knobs and can be ‘lockable’. A spring reverb would be nice. Load an amp Sim…and the reverb knob appears…load another and the reverb knob remains. Maybe a small list of reverb types (spring, plate, room). Nothing fancy to undo the EZ aspect.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

EZ-Hasse
    Participant

Great Scott,
    Many thanks for your positive reply and maybe you could bring some delay to the knob as well. Yesterday when I plugged my guitar in to EZM2 I was blown away buy the sound quality. My expectations were not that high. I honestly will find much less use for using Amp Farm, Guitar Rig or any guitar plug if you add that feature and I think EZ-Mix 2 will be an even bigger smash hit and you will take a lot of customers from guitar players.

All the best,
    Hans

Kip Count
    Participant

ORIGINAL: EZ-Hasse
    You can’t use several instances in standalone mode. I still think it would be a splendid idea to be able to add some delay/reverb to those amazing dry presets when using it outside a daw.

I understand now. I apologize. I missed the keyword “standalone”!

Mac Mini M1 | Studio One 6 | PreSonus 68c | EZD3

chrisharbin
    Participant

I’m not an expert in comping in reaper. Point being, I used ezmix for the guitars last night when working on comping with just two guitar tracks and the ezmix2 preset “guitar buss” and it really sounds nice. Just thought I’d share.

win7x64/i7 860/msi mobo/Reaper x64/8GB ram/profire 610/oxygen 61

Scott

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

bmurrin
    Participant

The new expansion pack caught my eye–but it would mean also buying EZMix2.  So that $49 suddenly balloons to $228…and I was brought up short.

The issue is this:  I mainly deal with orchestral music, or small orchestral ensembles like string quartet, or string quartet with flute and harp.  The new expansion pack mentioned “strings”, which is what caught my attention.  My question is, how many of the presets would actually apply to the type of sequencing I do?  Do the presets get dropped on individual tracks?  What about the orchestral percussion section and woodwinds?

Bottom line:  I’d like to know how this could work with what I do, and how much of the content would actually be usable for me.  I’m not a producer, and I have hearing loss, so accessible presets would be a blessing–but not if they don’t address my work.

Thanks for any insights on this.

bmurrin

Viewing 8 replies - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.