Quantizing – Ghost notes on snare. Possible?

Studio Corner
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Juicy
    Participant

The Ghost notes are usually 32nd notes so if your Quantizing to 16’s they get moved to underneath the 2&4 thus they are lost.
    Their are a few tricks to getting past this firstly try quantizing at 32 or higher and fix any 2&4 type hits if they get moved to the wrong place.
    If E drumming parts, make a some copies,first is un-quantized and next is 50% and then Full 100% and kinda chop it all up.
    Also the Quantizing that includes 16/24 can sometimes be what is needed but the playing needs to very close to where you want in the first place.

Nathan
    Participant

just select the notes you want to quantise. Quantising all will surely suck the life out of your playing?

>

Edit: since when was s-u-c-k  a censored word??

>

SD2.3, NYII, C&V, MC, MF, ED, Latin Perc, Twisted, Pop, N1H, Electronic, Classic, Funkmasters, Rock Solid, Blues, Indie-Folk.

jbraner
    Participant

I agree – why would you want to quantise ghost notes? What would be the point?

John Braner
    http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
    http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
    and all the major streaming/download sites.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Reaper 7 x64 (latest version), Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, AMD Ryzen 3950x, 32GB RAM, MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk Wifi mobo (not using wifi though), NVIDIA GEForce GT710 video card, MOTU Ultralite AVB audio interface

Juicy
    Participant

Sometimes you get a great loop but the ghost notes on the end of the cycle can give them an awkward feeling if they are way off .
    Thats one reason.
    Even if you dont quantize them,(they usually are 32nd or 48 notes)
    I dont want to go through heaps of stuff to just select what i do want quantized.

Nathan
    Participant

Select all and then “un-select” the ghost notes?

Just an idea…

>

SD2.3, NYII, C&V, MC, MF, ED, Latin Perc, Twisted, Pop, N1H, Electronic, Classic, Funkmasters, Rock Solid, Blues, Indie-Folk.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.