Quantifying CPU / RAM optimization

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 2 replies - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Scott

This probably won’t help much as I’m a PC user and not a Mac user. But, I run a single core P4 3gHz with 2GB of RAM and run S2 and EZD in TTSolo at 64 sample buffer through my Digiface sound card with no pops or clicks. Kit size range from 200MB (EZD) to 1400MB (S2). I don’t use any of the built in effects (in S2) as they will cause pops for me.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Brian McCully
    Participant

ORIGINAL: grandaddy

I’m not a mac user but a couple of questions –

Do you have may effects enabled in the mixer?…that can increase CPU hit

Have you tried running the MIDI out on your TD-3 into the MIDI in on your TD-10? (make sure you have soft thru selected) I’m sure this wouldn’t have a huge impact but it would mean something else not running and maybe worth a try

Finally got to re-hook things up today, so that TD-3 was running soft thru. The TD-10 manual states:
    “If this setting is not used, leave it “OFF” as the trigger response
    of the pads will be faster.”
    I was testing out my MacBook to compare to my G5 and didn’t have my MAX merger patch on the MacBook, so I figured I’d try this out regardless of Roland’s suggestion. The TD-10 output seemed to work ok, no added delay. I’m still feeling out the general overall quality of the response through the MacBook, but the latency issue seems to be better than with the G5. I tried a 256 setting and it even seemed somewhat snappy in response (unlike the G5). Need to try out some more things before figuring out whether the G5 needs a different or reduced role as something other than ‘the dedicated Toontrack machine’.

(also) Using TTS v1.1.2, S2.1, Jazz, Latin Percussion, Twisted
    MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo OS 10.4.11, 2.16 GHz, 2GB RAM
    TD-10 and TD-3 E-Drum triggering

Viewing 2 replies - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.