ProTools 11 and AAX

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Martin

Yes we will develop AAX versions of our plugins, we want to stay compatible with Pro Tools of course. I have no time frame of when AAX versions will be available, but not anytime soon. Pro Tools 10 still uses RTAS (and AAX) so there is no rush.

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

oceantracks
    Participant

Since PT11 no longer supports RTAS and will be out soon, I hope Toontrack is working on it.

Logic 9.1.4
    PT9
    Mac Pro Dual 2.8, 8G RAM
    All Internal SATA drives
    OSX 10.6.7
    Apogee Duet 2

Rogue

We will be timing our AAX releases to be following PT11’s availability as close as possible. Technically they are more or less ready, but a supplemental PT10 update needs to be released to all Avid users before we can safely roll them out.

… if Avid and our timing work adequately i.e as planned then Toontrack AAX-s should be available on the day of PT11 reaching customers. Well, this is certainly our plan.

Rogue Marechal - Toontrack
    Configuration Manager

Dirk Reinking
    Participant

that’s nice !!

Michael
    Participant

Rogue,
    What is the latest on the timing of a Superior Drummer version compatible with Pro Tools 11?
    Thanks!
    Mike

Daf57
    Participant

Will the AAX versions be free updates?

Roger Keay
    Participant

This is good news! I currently have a ton of Toontrack products, SD2, EZD, EZKeys, and Expansion and MIDI packs, and use ProTools and just took delivery of an HDX system. About to find out if the the RTAS versions of the above stuff works on the HDX hardware… if not I can limp along using the VST versions in VEPro…

One question regarding th AAX versions… I’m assuming the libraries (sounds, MIDI, and presets) will still work and that only the interface (the AAX part) will change. Am I correct?

John

RTAS will work on your HDX setup in Pro Tools 10 but when Pro Tools 11 is released, AAX (Native+DSP) is the only plugin format.

Sound libraries are “just” sounds and work the same with all plugin formats, as well as MIDI.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Dellers
    Participant

I guess it should come within a couple of days now, based on reply #3 in this thread? PT11 and that PT10 update was released yesterday obviously. Not that I’m in a hurry since the other plugin manufacturers are super secretive about both when and if they’ll be releasing AAX versions.

Michael
    Participant

Well John – estimat please?
    Regards Michael

David Klvac
    Participant

“so there is no rush”
    Really?
    I just bought PT 11 and none of toons apps are ready.
    But its ok like you said no rush.

Ibanez RGA42fm W/ Seymour Duncan Gus G Fire Blackouts. Ibanez RGA7 Marshall Valvestate VS30R Pro Tools 11 Eleven Rack W/Expansion Pack Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3400MHz Asus P8Z68-V PRO GEN3 16384 MB Ram Geforce GTX 660ti Win 8 Pro 64X

Phil Grabmiller
    Participant

Please rush. SD required this week for some tracks I’m working on. Can do them in PT10 but need more overhead.

Rogue

a full announcement about our road map will be made in this topic later on today. Thank you for your patience…

Configuration Manager

Rogue

dear users, please excuse the following text in bold, but we wanted it to stand out here and avoid creating yet another AAX related topic… feel free to ask any question you may have following this post and we’ll try to answer them ASAP (remember, we are a EU based company however, so it is unlikely to happen until tomorrow morning UTC):

First of all the good news! We have been working VERY hard during Q1 and Q2 2013 to bring you full compatibility with Pro Tools 11, and despite many hurdles we are very much on top of the game.

So you can expect to see Pro Tools 11 compatible AAX for Superior, EZdrummer and EZmix within 2 weeks, if not before this coming Friday… we are really that close to release and it is merely a matter of ensuring that what we release actually works with ALL supported hosts versions, namely Pro Tools 10.3.5, 10.3.6 and 11.0.0… it would really make no sense to shave a couple of days and skip this last check, creating unnecessary frustration among our user base.

The bad news is that the delay of several months that the PT11 release / migration of the iLok copy protection system has incurred has in the meantime forced us to divert our efforts in coding in such a way that the other plug-ins in the Toontrack line are currently in a state that requires us to thoroughly check the code changes made these last few months and make sure we don’t introduce new bugs across the board (meaning both for PT users and those relying on other hosts). Again, it would make no sense for us to skip this quality control, which we believe is a hallmark of Toontrack products!

Still, we hope to bring you the EZkeys AAX within 2 weeks, in addition to the above mentioned three, that is currently our priority. Sadly the other plug-ins will have to wait until our coding team come back from summer vacation, having a well deserved break and recharging their batteries for the exciting times ahead, in 2013 and beyond.

We believe that with what we are planning to release within the next 2 weeks the inconvenience to our Pro Tools users will be minimal… thank you for your patience and support!

Configuration Manager

Dellers
    Participant

Sounds great! Considering that certain plugin manufacturers haven’t even mentioned AAX yet a couple of weeks is nothing. I wish all the other companies would be open about it as well.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

No products in the cart.