Programming pads for an AKAI MPD218 for EZDrummer2

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • John

Hi,

my best bet would be to download the MPD218 – Editor v1.0.8 at:
    http://www.akaipro.com/products/pad-controllers/mpd-218
    to assign the pads

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Lord Riot
    Participant

Hello was hoping you could help me the page link doesn’t work anymore trying to assign pads to the mpd218 with ezdrummer 2 thank you

bichunmoo
    Participant

Hi, same problem for me too. Anyone has a solution please?

Marlia
    Participant

Same here too. The editor doesn’t appear to work.

bilzbub
    Participant

im pretty sure you can only assign pads with superior drummer.. .. .

Daniel Bates
    Participant
    Daniel Bates
    Participant

Hi @mikeyd2933

Did you ever figure out how to program the pads in your MPD218? I found the current link to the editor (just posted it to this thread) but am not having any success with getting the pads assigned to trigger the correct drum parts.

Daniel Bates
    Participant

Hi Marlia,

Were you ever able to get the editor to work?

RichyMason
    Participant

this is totally lame, i am going to send mine back.  how can it not be a simple process to allocate pads to each drum.  what a waste of time

Daniel Bates
    Participant

@RichyMason , I haven’t tried it yet, but I found this tutorial in case you want to give it a shot:

bilzbub
    Participant

well guys, you upgrade to EZX3 your problems will all be solved. ez2 is lack luster in this regard. there are ways to fudge it or try to use the mpd util which is a pain in the ass. dont ex2 owners get a discount or a free upgrade? ezd3 is everything superior was and more now and my mpd218 and my mpd 226 work flawlessly if you go to assign your drums in the edrums settings menu….

bilzbub
    Participant

for

this is totally lame, i am going to send mine back.  how can it not be a simple process to allocate pads to each drum.  what a waste of time

dont give up, buddy. i went through the same thing.. i would suggest upgrading to ez3 if you can. its not that expensive and beats the hell out of superior and all the features you desire and more are there. keep the faith

ramoore
    Participant

This may or may not be what you need, but here is how I assign EZdrummer 2 drums to the pads on my MPD218 using a Mac. I am not saying it is right or wrong, but this is how I get it done. Hopefully this will help some of you…
    1. If you have not done this already, download and install the MPD218 software editor (this is a must and makes drum pad assignments easy).
    2. Start both the EZdrummer 2, and the MPD Editor application so they are running side by side.
    3. In the following steps below, I will assign only a kick drum from EZdrummer to Pad 1 on the MPD218 controller.
    4. Using the default drum set in EZdrummer, click on the little black down arrow located on the head of the Kick drum. This will open up the “Kick” popup window.
    5. From within the Kick window, click the “Details” button to show the different drum articulations (Notice the “Note/Key” button in the upper right hand corner).
    6. Click on the button so it shows “Note”. Note the number that shows up in the window (In my case it is reads, “Hit  36”).
    7. From the MPD Editor application, click on Pad 1.
    8. At the top of the interface in the blue area, find the MIDI NOTE field and enter the number “36”. (This ties the EZdrummer kick drum to Pad 1 on the MPD218).
    9. Once done, go to step 10 to send your edit(s) to update the pads on the MPD218 controller (so when you play pad 1, you will hear the kick drum).
    10. From the MPD Editor tool bar menu, find and click on “Send To Hardware”. (You will recieve a popup window confirming that your edits were sent).
    11. Now, play Pad 1 on the MPD218. You should hear the kick drum you selected.
    That’s it in a nutshell.
    For effeciency, you will want to assign drum sounds to every pad while you have EZdrummer and the MPD Editor open. When fihished, send all your edits to your MPD218 at once. and play the different pads.
    You may also want to save your MPD edits to call them up later for different projects.

Thanked by: TheReal7 and Ed L
Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.