Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

“Product Manager” doesn’t want to change the download folder?

Product Manager
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • John

Hi,

did you ‘Move Downloads’ as well to move paused Downloads to the new location?
    Did you restart the PM in between changing the Download location?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Robin Gardner
    Participant

It said download couldnt be moved because nothing was downloaded. So it all became sort of a momentum 22 situation.
    However, I instead managed to free up a lot disk space on my C-drive so eventually its now on about 63 GB. Wow, had lots og garbage their I guess… Maybe some downloaded files forced on me by Microsoft when they “offered” a free Win 10? Anyway… So when I went back and started the Product Manager again it immediately started the download of Progressive Foundry. Though onto my C-drive of course. There wont be any space left there when the file is downloaded… But it will take several hours before that is done and Im at work now and left the computer running… See how it goes later in the evening! ?Thanks for replying.
    Regards, Robin

Robin Gardner
    Participant

Hi again,

Well, I d/l’d it yesterday to the C-drive but since there was only like 2 GB left I couldn’t also install it on the C-drive. But it was possible to move the install to the D-drive, thus freeing up the space on the C-drive and install it there. Too bad I couldn’t d/l it directly to the D-drive in the first Place? But at least I could install the intermedeate version, not the full version I’m afraid. For that I need to free up more space on the C-drive…

Which brings me to my next question regarding your programs…

Well, I was wondering if it’s possible to move your installed programs to an external drive and use Cubase 9 (full version) with that when recording and mixing Superior Drummer 2? Then how would I go about accomplishing that? And would USB 3.0 be good enough speed for that? I guess USB 2.0 would not suffice… What external drive would be good for that? (I have one that works with either USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 and got plenty storage. Think it’s Western Digital (I can’t check that now))….

Many regards, Robin

Scott Eshleman
    Participant

You can change the Downloads folder in Product Manager as John suggested above.

Tip #1. The drive must be connected before opening Product Manager.
    Tip #2. I believe that you probably have to cancel any existing, incomplete downloads before attempting to change the download location.

Probably forgetting something and some other tips to changing the download location may be necessary.
    That’s all that I can recall from my own experience at the moment.

Robin Gardner
    Participant

Ty! I think thats it = “abandon current download before changing download location”.

So how about my other question or help request? Any advice on that? Its about moving toontrack programs to an external drive. Whats the best waybto go about doing this? Ive read other posts about it where they talk about “pointing” to the new location inside Product Manager… But I need to move certain folders first??

Ty for any help. ?

Regards from, Robin

Robin Gardner
    Participant

Hi again, regarding my 2nd question…
    would the info here: https://www.toontrack.com/faq/how-do-i-move-the-sounds-for-ezdrummer-2/ work for Sd2 installs aswell?

Regards, Robin

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.