Pink Floyd

Studio Corner
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Stan.Tyszka
    Participant

You could probably try the Vintage pack and tweak with signal processing.

nigel smith
    Participant

ez 1 pop and rock plus weirdly enough the country pack is what you need 2/4 3/4 6/8 4/4 beats and the early drums were overdubbed hence the slightly out of time feel /lazy feel
    a big leading ride so you will need your editor in 32./64. edit mode to slew the beat/irony is its an out of time or stoned drummer . french group air recreated this sound on the virgin suicides c d . the mallets/pom poms brushes are great in the country pack but you need imagination which era or songs are you interested in

Stan.Tyszka
    Participant

Nigel I never even thought of using the PopRock kits! I don’t use any of the beats that come stock, I was thinking on sound alone. However when I go thru and look at the Country tools I totally see how it could work. Love the info that you can get thru these forums.

Bryan Block
    Participant

In my experiments, a decent Pink Floyd sound can be achieved by the following:

1. Vintage Rock EZX on the “Semi Dry” Preset Mix setting.
    2. Select the “Low Tuned Supraphonic” Snare drum for your snare
    3. In the mixer, Bring the Snare Drum Bottom (SDB) fader down just a little bit from the default position in the Semi Dry preset.

4. Try using Rides that were struck with Brushes, rather than sticks, it gives it softer / floaty sound – The Vintage Rock EZX has 2 that are nice, but the I like the 20″ Constantinople with Brushes in the Americana EZX or the Ride Mikaelsson with Brushes included in the Cocktail Kit (a lot of people forget about the Cocktail Kit, but it’s got some great character) and the 21″ Sabian Vintage in the Pop/Rock kit (sticks) as alternatives.

And as mentioned, The Nashville MIDI has a lot of halftime grooves that work well for that slow Pink Floyd groove.

Add a little plate reverb after the fact.

-b

Creativity is a Work Ethic.

WallyHope
    Participant

Best sample set hands down imo is the Evil Drums SDX, you can use it for anything. Shame it’s not on sale anymore.

Asus Z97-A/i7-4790K/8GB Kingston RAM/Win8.1 x64/Scarlett 18i20/dbx DriveRack PX/Mackie MR6MKIII/CMC-CH-TP-PD/Superior Drummer 2.4.1/Cubase 8 Pro 64 bit/Wavelab Elements 8.0.3

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.